• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a Phone App glitch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
Ok folks, this is driving me nuts. On my A71 if I am in a text messege I can touch a little phone icon and it will call the contact Im texting. As in straight to dialing the number etc. That's right I touch the little phone and instantly it dials the number and connects. Simple yes? Now here is the issue. On my new S23 when i do this I'm kicked to a dialpad complete with the number inserted at which time I touch the green button at the bottom and it then proceeds to dial the number and connect. This is an added step I didnt have and its quite annoying. Is this a glitch or a setting? My mrs A53 also has this same issue. The A71 does not have this. All 3 phones are Android 13, OneUI 5. Also all 3 phones are using the same messeging app. If this is hard to understand the point is, on my new phone I have the added step of pressing the green button from the dialpad where before I would just touch the phone icon from the text messeger and the number was immediately dialed. If anyone knows what this is or has any answers please let me know. I have been chasing this issue for weeks and a Google search was NO help. TY in advance.

Z

Last edited:
.....................hmmm....... My S22+ (13/OUI5) behaves the same way as the S20+ previously, IIRC. They both take you to the phone app with the number 'in,' but you still have to hit the button to make the call. I don't think it's a glitch, and I don't see anything in text settings to change that, nor in the phone app.

Last edited:
.....................hmmm....... My S22+ (13/OUI5) behaves the same way as the S20+ previously, IIRC. They both take you to the phone app with the number 'in,' but you still have to hit the button to make the call. I don't think it's a glitch, and I don't see anything in text settings to change that, nor in the phone app.
I'm more than likely sure it is 'meant' to be that way. I got used to my A71 that skipped that extra step. I have talked to others that tell me their phones work like my A71. And for reference all phones were bought unlocked from Samsung. Again it may not be anything but the fact its differect makes me wander. Also it was nice to not have that extra step when making a call from text. Ty kindly.

Z

PS: I'd like to personally say thank you ED and all the forum members. This is the greatest forum ever. I have been here a minute or two. Thanks again.

PSS: the S23 Ultra IS SICK!! LOL

Last edited:
My Pixel 7 Pro is the same...I have a Folder in my Dock loaded with all my frequently called numbers on speed dial widgets that directly dial.

Back