• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a psu related reset?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

my computer just reset.. but b4 it did it i had a half second of high pitched buzzing sound from speakers and then the computer restarted.
im thinking that this sounds like some electrical signal got into the speakers so could it be a power supply related reset? im hoping my truepower doesnt give up on me.. according to speedfan my voltages are fine :\

max

dalilman52

Lt. Max said:
my computer just reset.. but b4 it did it i had a half second of high pitched buzzing sound from speakers and then the computer restarted.
im thinking that this sounds like some electrical signal got into the speakers so could it be a power supply related reset? im hoping my truepower doesnt give up on me.. according to speedfan my voltages are fine :\

max

it sounds like u had a surge in the power going to ur comp and speakers, so ur power supply shut down and the speakers made some weird buzzing noises, also another possiblity is that your overclock just isnt getting enough voltages, from my exp, i have learned that when the computer restarts prematurely like that, the vcore may be to blame, if u are doing some heavy overclocking and u arent giving enough volts, u may wanna try that