• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this all I need for liquid cooling? And is it good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the noise is an issue, but I'll consider it.

If noise is an issue I would consider some of the XSPC rads, I hear they work very well with lower speed fans and are a little cheaper than the GTX rads.

Aye, that is part od the stickies and learning about the different rads.

I think 3361 is learning a ton right now, he's not going to buy the wrong stuff once he has knowledge. He's a smart guy.

Thanks for that Conumdrum :)
And, yeah, I'm trying to learn.

How long do you guys think I can use the GTX xtreme radiators before I should upgrade? Are we talking until I have to pretty much build a new computer because everything is too outdated, or could I go on and use them in several builds afterwards too?
Same question with the fans I might use (Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-3 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Bionic Blade Fan - 1900 RPM - 26.5 dBA).

How long time does it take before something like that becomes outdated?

Their cooling doesnt become less effective in time, so the rads will be useable through multiple builds. You would want to get new blocks for CPUs as they come out of course.

Yes, I understand that. Would also need to update the GPU waterblock as I get new GPUs.

But will parts in the future create more heat, therefor, making the radiator less efficient compared to newer ones? (newer ones being more efficient because of new better designs or something, IDK)

Do you think fans in the future will be able to run at a higher RPM, and still make less noise?

Well, if you take a step back and look, power consumption on the whole will be going down. Its that way in CPU's, and in GPU's. I cannot see it going up significantly in the near future.

New designs come out daily. Thinking about fans of the future really shouldnt be a talking point (IMO of course) now as its a drop in the bucket of a build and years down the road. Fans take $30 to replace 6 and 20 mins time. Dont sweat upgrading something you dont even own (as far as watercooling goes).

Back