• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this an ok OC for a 2000+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K_King

1900.gif

cfg.gif

I'm new to this but right now I have it at 180x10.5 and 1.75 volts and the stock AMD heatsink.

Im going for 2 Ghz tomorrow :) XP wouldnt load to show the screen but I was at 1.8 volts, Im going to throw 1.85 at it and 180x11.5 and see if I cant get 2.07GHz. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun lol.

i wouldn't raise the voltage too high using the stock heatsink. infact, i wouldn't even OC using the stock heatsink.

keep an eye on your temps and good luck :)

Whats weird is that this stock HS gives better temps at 1900 Mhz than my Volcano 9+ with AS3 at 1710. I dont know why either.

I had it at 5000 rpm and at idle it would be 42° C at 1710 where with the stock HS I can run it at 3000 rpm and be in the 38-40° C range at 1900 Mhz.

Are you sure that you had the heatsink on tight with the volcano? I wouldn't put my voltages too high either. It makes me nervous to think that it will be running at the speed when it turns summer. I keep thinking that the temps will go sky high.

I am on XP so I think I used this one.

USDM107LM

All I did though was run the setup and under that Magic Utility option I selected USDM.

Back