• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this case good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Ok, i believe this is the biggest case on newegg.com. I need the biggest thing i can get because, i want to have a 100% internal watercolling system. I have a chevvete, a small res, and a via aqua 1300 pump, and a cpu and gpu block that all need to be internal. Would this work?
If anyone knows of a bigger case, within 120 bucks, on newegg.com, could you tell me?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-130-141&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Deathknight

Thats a fantastic case. That and the Lite-on FS020 are the 2 best cases for water cooling in my opinion. To me its not just an issue of size, its the HD cages in the upper part of the case, leaving the lower front free for a rad, pump and whatever else you need there.

dalilman52

looks like a really nice case, although if i bought it, id dremel out those fan guards, then replace them with either larger fans or the chrom wire grills, or just leave em out :D

but it does look really nice, lots of modding potential :D

however i wouldnt trust that "350w" psu, replace it with one of the fortron 350w's or a 530w fortron

OP
D

dguy6789

So it will fit a water cooling setup real well? i plan on having no fans in case, cept psu and rad fan, but i will have side off at all times, so it does not act as an oven.

This thing looks pretty big too, how much taller is it, then say, a xaser 2?(my current case)

juliendogg

Yup, excellent case. I have one :D. I totally agree with DeathKnight that that case, and the lite on fs020 rule for watercooling.

i think the xaser is about 20 inches tall right? so the Aopen has about 4" on it in height. Doesn't sound like much, but man it really makes the differenece.

dalilman52 said:
looks like a really nice case, although if i bought it, id dremel out those fan guards, then replace them with either larger fans or the chrom wire grills, or just leave em out :D

but it does look really nice, lots of modding potential :D

however i wouldnt trust that "350w" psu, replace it with one of the fortron 350w's or a 530w fortron

No worries about that PSU in the Aopen, it's a rebranded Fortron. model number fsp350-bt. Should handle whatever you want to throw at it.

J.