• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this click my PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SporkSaint

My computer could overclock to 164 fsb at 1.8 core v with a 4200. I just popped a 9700 radeon in it and I can complete 3d mark benches unless I drop it down to 163 or 162. Screen is black...I hear a click...and here comes the restart. My PSU is supposedly a 431 watt, but I have concerns that it is not. My vendor is working with me and told me he believes it is a 431, but this clicking has me thinking. Any input?

I've got 2 60 gig maxtor drives, a pioneer slot dvd player and the rest of the system is detailed in the sig

Thx for any help in advance

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
SporkSaint said:
My computer could overclock to 164 fsb at 1.8 core v with a 4200. I just popped a 9700 radeon in it and I can complete 3d mark benches unless I drop it down to 163 or 162. Screen is black...I hear a click...and here comes the restart. My PSU is supposedly a 431 watt, but I have concerns that it is not. My vendor is working with me and told me he believes it is a 431, but this clicking has me thinking. Any input?

I've got 2 60 gig maxtor drives, a pioneer slot dvd player and the rest of the system is detailed in the sig

Thx for any help in advance
Sounds like a hard drive to me. Could be a symptom of the PSU though, stess the PSU too hard, the HD's could be starving for power, Have had this happen to me before.