• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this CPU still good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

70 Polara

Registered
Hello,

I have an AMD Barton XP2500+ CPU that was in a computer that was damaged in shipping via FedEx...and now it has an extremely small chip in one corner of the core. With my current system I have no way of testing the CPU. I was going to send it to a friend to upgrade from a Duron in an Nforce2 system, but am wondering what the probability of the CPU still working is before I waste his time. Anyone here ever seen an Athlon XP with a chipped core still work reliably? Thanks in advance!

70 Polara

dicecca112

did you contact Fedex about that? If it was damaged in shipping they should foot the bill for a new chip. I hope its not an unlocked version.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
If you're talking about my CPU, it's fully operational (with all its cache) as we speak in the system my mrs. is using at this very moment.

CheeZeTM

In my opinion, looks like it'ss work (mobo) but it also looks like uhave other problems besides the chip - like the huge burn mark on top of it