• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this good for $153 off newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe you can't read.... the Ti4200 sucks with quality settings unlike the 9500... This and dx9 support are the reasons to not get a Ti4200. I have both cards.. the 9500np is about the same performance with performance settings.. with quality settings like aa/af the 9500 blows the Ti4200 away

I just got a Sapphire Radeon 9500non pro from
New Egg. Price is $141.00 as of today. This is the card with the Red PCB & L-shaped memory. Chances are quite good (IMHO) that the
Soft Mod will work i\on this card & it will perform like a 9700. The Soft Mod worked on mine with the
Omega Drivers & I'm very happy with it. I got a 3DMark 2001SE score of about 13,500 with it at stock speeds. Hope this helps! -Dave

im not gonna risk havig the 9500np fail to soft mod. i might consider the 9600 pro.

TomaHawk47x said:
im not gonna risk havig the 9500np fail to soft mod. i might consider the 9600 pro.

Oh man here we go again. Someone take the time to point him to the 3 thousand other threads that are identical to this one. How many times must we have the same lame a$$ discussion with people who ask for help but refuse to listen....you should have known by his second post this was pointless. Here let me save everyone some time..."The card you first posted about is an excellent choice sir and will serve you well with your demanding computer needs!"

:bang head :bang head :bang head

"3.3ns BGA DDR RAM"

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get the memory to over 650Mhz. Replace the white goop on the GPU's HSF with some AS3 thermal compound, if you happen to have some handy, and a core speed of 300 - 325 should be possible. I'm pretty sure it'll do 300/600 right off with no problems.

That'll tide you over while the DX9 cards improve to the point where makeing the jump to them will MEAN SOMETHING. The second generation DX9 cards should be a massive leap foward performance wise when compaired to the first generation (Radeon 9xxx and Geforce-FX).

and what about fx5200 will it be a long losting card or ... just a piece of crap in future... while if it is used in a rig mostly used for internet 12 hours , and for gamming it is used just for 2 hours per day....

Hey all,

Just to let everyone know I have both the 9500np and the albatron turbo

When comparing the 2, I would say that the Albatron is an excellent card. With all the settings on 4xAnt 4AA the card proforms beautifully. Pictures are sharp and the card responds well.

I have some issues with the 9500np. The first time I installed it, It corrupted my system. Lost my raid and everything. The drivers from Omega did not like my system. 2nd time I installed it with the newer drivers from ATI, the proformance sucked. The games I played with all the eye popping options on were not that good. The edges were not straight and it felt like I was swimming through molace playing a FPS. It might just be me or the card who knows.

If you get a card get something other than the 9500, try the pro maybe.

awaysahmad4u said:
and what about fx5200 will it be a long losting card or ... just a piece of crap in future... while if it is used in a rig mostly used for internet 12 hours , and for gamming it is used just for 2 hours per day....

the 5200 sucks when compared to the 4200 or even radeon 8500LE or 9000Pro

if i were to overclock the turbo, which its obviously designed for, should i replace the heatsink with a blue orb or heat pipe (or something similar)? other concern i have is since the turbo and MSI ti4200 both have the same gpu, will i actually notice the difference in games, even tho the turbo is a little more beefed up?

With the turbo you will only notice a difference if you overclock it.the msi and the turbo have almost the same stock settings. I had the 4680 turbo. I liked the card but it just didin't have the gumtion that I was looking for. Games that are a big draw will perform better with a 9500 pro or higher. the image quality with ati cards is far supperior to the ti series. I'd say go with a 9500 pro or 9700 np

shortyes said:
Hey all,

Just to let everyone know I have both the 9500np and the albatron turbo

When comparing the 2, I would say that the Albatron is an excellent card. With all the settings on 4xAnt 4AA the card proforms beautifully. Pictures are sharp and the card responds well.

I have some issues with the 9500np. The first time I installed it, It corrupted my system. Lost my raid and everything. The drivers from Omega did not like my system. 2nd time I installed it with the newer drivers from ATI, the proformance sucked. The games I played with all the eye popping options on were not that good. The edges were not straight and it felt like I was swimming through molace playing a FPS. It might just be me or the card who knows.

If you get a card get something other than the 9500, try the pro maybe.

Did you install the 9500 after getting rid of the Nvidia drivers(not just installing over the Nvidia ones but wiping them off your computer)? In most of today's games without AA or AF, the Ti4200 will probably outperform the 9500 by a small, but significant margin. However, if you use AA or AF, then the 9500 should start to take a lead, if you put on heavy AA and AF, the 9500 should have a commanding lead over the Ti4200. The 9500 will also perform better for future dx9 games.

]-[itman said:

Did you install the 9500 after getting rid of the Nvidia drivers(not just installing over the Nvidia ones but wiping them off your computer)? In most of today's games without AA or AF, the Ti4200 will probably outperform the 9500 by a small, but significant margin. However, if you use AA or AF, then the 9500 should start to take a lead, if you put on heavy AA and AF, the 9500 should have a commanding lead over the Ti4200. The 9500 will also perform better for future dx9 games.

Yeah I did. The vid card and drivers didn't like something called AGP fast write. Took down my system. The 2nd time was from a fresh reboot.

Back