• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this good for PS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

So i got a ps3 sitting around at home, i usally don't get to it because of PC gaming, but i've been thinking, i can take it to work and play with it when i get a chance. I need a monitor that will work with both PC and PS3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254028

Will this do the job.

does anyone know if sound is carried through hdmi on this monitor and it needs to be plugged in seperately. PS3 doesn't have the traditional audio output plug.

Section8

Well the PS3 has only 2 outputs a HDMI and AV multi out which does like S-Video, RCA and such. So This monitor has 1 DVI-D and 1 D-Sub 15 pin connector. So I imagine you could hook the PC up using the DVI-D and then find some type of adapterr for the AV multi on the PS3 to convert it to D-Sub. I am sure there is one out there.

Niku-Sama

huh? the monitor linked had a HDMI and a VGA port on it, HDMI PS3, VGA PC.

should work

Mpegger

Or get a switch box, and use both the PC and PS3 over HDMI (simple DVI to HDMI cable is all that is needed for the PC).

OP
BioTuned

BioTuned

I understand that PS3 will be able to show video on the monitor, but my concern is audio. Does anyone know if this monitor will provide audio through HDMI to its speakers?

Section8

I understand that PS3 will be able to show video on the monitor, but my concern is audio. Does anyone know if this monitor will provide audio through HDMI to its speakers?

Yes HDMI cable carries audio an audio signal. Does the monitor have speakers built into it? I must have looked at the wrong one when you linked it last?? Nope I looked at the right monitor. Here is the link to the manufatures webpage with all the details of this monitor. It does not have an HDMI input as someone said. It does have built in speakers though but only analog inputs for said audio. Link---> http://www.hannsg.com/us/ Crap there site is all flash based so you have to get to it by Products->LCD->then select the correct model. Here is a jpeg of the spes.

MonitorHG.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited: