• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenjo

Registered
I have about 1000$

thinkin about buy this...

MSI 875 Neo Fisr2
Intel 3.0Ghz (800fsb)
2xOCz 3500 http://web.pcbutiken.com/default.asp?info=12105
sorry bout the link bein in swedish :)

And a good HSF for that .. just to use for a month untill i can buy the Prommie :) or maybe ill go with a Vapo again :) had one for my older 1800+ :)

any ideas ?

ill use my old case "chieftech midi" and my old vid card 9700pro 128.. mayaII

OP
K

Kenjo

Registered
opps forgot this is what i have now..

2.4ghz (400fsb)
2x 256 Crucial 2100( have reached 186fsb at cas 2-2-2-5 but on amd machine)
Asus P4B533-E

OP
K

Kenjo

Registered
well the asus dont appeal to me anymore.. to much of a hassle with them :(

OP
K

Kenjo

Registered
Well ill put it this way.. ive runned a couple of asus board´s on different systems.. that include the PIII,AMD TB,XP and now the P4.. and my complete view of Asus is .. u pay a whole lot for the brand itself not the quality.. i have had boards that come from brands that are lesser know and not that big (FIC,Iwill etc) and they performed better and had less glitces..

Im not trying to throw dirt on the Asus brand im just pointing out that i have had bad experience with them but it could be that i have just been unlucky.. but i rather not try my luck again with something i know could go wrong.. thats why im choosing the MSI board instead as i have gotten info on a vcore around 2 an the rest of the voltages are good..

I could as easily gone with the IC7/IC7-G board but as in the asus case im not 100% satisfied with previous abit boards.

ive had 1 previous MSI board an it rocked.. the same thing goes for Epox so im in a split decision..