• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this monitor worth buying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

No, I showered
I have an opportunity to purchase this monitor through my employer for $199. It's a refurbished unit, but I know that's still a good price. Does this seem like it would be a good monitor for the money? Or should I save it and buy a different one instead? (I do have to get a monitor. I gave my old one (that my wife was going to use) to my folks so now she needs one. I'll be keeping the 19" and giving her my current 17". I can also get a non-trinitron for $50 less, but I think it would be worth the extra money for the FD Trinitron screen. There's also a 17" flat panel for a little over $400, but I don't know that I can afford that big of a chunk of change at once. I'll be using the monitor mainly for general use of the system. I may also take it to a LAN party on rare occasions.

Do a search on www.pricewatch.com for 19" Trinitron's. I did and found a HP TrueFlat 19" Trinitron for $225 (+s/h) with a 3 year warranty. If you compare the $199 to the cost and shipping and handling of this one, the price is ok, but it is still a USED monitor without a warranty. If you can get a better price on the one offered to you, (start low,$140?) then it may be worth it.
Good luck. :confused:

PS: I have an older Dell Trinitron 13" and I think it is one of the best I have.

Well, it does have a warranty (90 days), just not a long one. The HP was the only listing for a 19" Trinitron for less than $300 (okay, $299, but close enough).

I think thats a great price for a 19" trinny. Personally, I would go for it. I have no problem, in general, with refurb stuff....it's been tested and fixed, thus all the bugs are likely worked out of it.

Back