• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this normal in Prime95?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Notice that workers 1 and 2 only ran two iterations in the 448k test section but workers 3 and 4 ran 3.

I never noticed this behavior before. Is it normal? Prime96 28.10.

Attachments

• P95 weird.PNG
    P95 weird.PNG
    62.7 KB · Views: 89

mackerel

Is it the system in the sig or other? Absent other info, I'd speculate that as the stress tests are time based between switching FFT sizes, you may have had other things running using up CPU time so some cores didn't get as much work done.

OP
trents

trents

Yes, system in sig. I think the only thing running other than Prime95 was HWMonitor.

So let me try and understand what you're getting at. You're suggesting two of the cores were diverted to another task part of the time and couldn't get as much Prime95 work done in the same time interval as the other two cores?

mackerel

Correct. Even if you're not doing something else, Windows 10 or others might be. If you run a stress test, the window before it starts allows custom options, one of which is how long each FFT size is run before it switches. Without selecting that, it'll pick some default, and by chance I guess you could end up with some cores doing more or less than others.