• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this possible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

asking here, 'cause it's a water cooling loop, and quiet a few questions with it, ultimately chasing a silent pc, but still overclockable ^_^

parts- 2 hd sound proof enclosures
-cpu block(probably stick with my d-tek tc-4)
-gpu-(probably will be an nv35, or r300)
-nb
*note*cpu to def. have a peltier
-water chiller
-if zalman heatpipe sys dosn't work on psu, psu block
-radiater
-1(2 if needed) ehiems 1250's

1) will I need 2 ehiems?
2) if I run it.....pump-chiller-cpu-gpu-nb-radiator-psu-hd's-back to pump

will the water be ambient when it gets to the gpu? or will I have to worry about condensation there too?

and will the radiator be able to disipate the heat from the 3 chipsets enough so it can still cool the psu 'n hd's

thanx for all ur help

sry if this is misplaced, just this seemed the most logical

OP
M

MLMIB

anyone? if I dont get an answer soon, I'm just gunna hafta ask elsewhere so I can at least get some sort of idea.... :-/

OP
M

MLMIB

well the rad would have a fan

nehoo, I think I figured it out, dual loop. one loop with the chiller and 1250 pump for the chips, the other rad and some pump for the psu 'n hd's

OP
M

MLMIB

well I can't go pure silent, 'cause I hafta have the block on the psu above ambient, dealing with condensation inside the power supply would be a pain

but yea, gunna do the 2 loops I described, have 4-6 temp probes, and than have a push-pull config on the rad hooked up to a rheobus so I can make it silent ^_~

gizxmo

Registered
dude seriously it sounds waste a ton of power not get super cooling

as using peltiers to cool water down is highly ineffecient it is better to use the peltier on the cpu then use the watercoolnig to cool the peltier then u could use 2 rads with large slow fans and u would do alright for far cheaper then the current insane setup

if however you are going for unique then YOU have hit the nail on the head your setup will be one of a kind and definetly something to gawk at but not something others would copy as for cost to actuall cooling capacity
another thing to concider is if u get the water below ambient you have to start worring about condensation on the tubes where if u just had the peltier on the cpu there is only one place of condensation to occur

OP
M

MLMIB

well thse power cost shouldn't be THAT high, just 2 pumps, the peltier, 'n the chiller. that 'n the cpu will def. be well below ambient, while the gpu 'n nb will be vry vry cold too, I dunno, all in time