• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this PSU any good it's very cheap :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stool

Never heard of the brand before. If you are going to put it into a system with good hardware, you are better off looking for a quality name brand. A good PSU sets a solid foundation for the rest of your system.

repo man11

I agree with Stool. Go with a name brand, you'll be glad later on. I don't know the exchange rates, so I'm not sure how that comes out in dollars. Before I started coming here, I bought a generic 400 watt off of Ebay. It came to about $40.00 shipped. After I started coming here, I began to wonder how good of a deal it really was. Then I did some digging, and I found a site that sells the exact same one for $13.00! And I wouldn't buy it over again for that much, with a fairly mild overclock, my +5 volt is down to 4.79. It really is one of the foundations of a good system, especially for an overclocker.

Cooler666

Disabled
I buy sometimes from that site, but that looks like a generic value PSU, i wouldn't trust it.
If you want a good case for overclocking jungle.com sell the Aopen h600A for £60 and it comes with a PSU.
If you want the best case get a lian-li for £100+

CyberFed

personally i dont agree i think a generic psu is fine, i have a cheapo 400watt psu and it runs all my equipment fine no problems, but i guess some people feel otherwise, i guess if one day i power this thing up and a chunk explodes i might change my mind, but until then cheap = good cause im broke!

stool

Most of the people who recommend good PSUs usually do so because of experiences with crappy generic stuff. If you can eliminate a potential problem before it occurs(and can afford to), its worth the effort.