• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this psu too cheap? HEC 585Watt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I dont believe HEC is a good brand at all. NEVER cheap out on the PSU. Something like a corsair 550VX would fit in that same power envelope just fine.

Also, there are no external links allowed in signatures. I would remove that before a not so forgiving moderator does it for you... :)

Marshmallow64

I would stay away from no name brand PSUs, the problems I hear about them in the long run are not worth it to skimp out 10-20 bucks.

Mr.Guvernment

cheap PSU's fold under load and usually take out your entire system with it...

Why people want to go cheap on the power supply is always beyond me, the PSU should be one of the most important and best quality pieces in any build.

atomic ferret

cheap PSU's fold under load and usually take out your entire system with it...

Why people want to go cheap on the power supply is always beyond me, the PSU should be one of the most important and best quality pieces in any build.

What he said.

I learned that lesson the hard way...twice.

kkpudge7

Stay away from HeC... I had one once, its now a 750w paper weight (luckly didn't take my whole rig out, but the thing literally lasted about 3 months...) Corsair/pcpnc/OcZ ftw

Mr.Guvernment

any review that says it is good, the person is likely using it in some single core rig, or they dont tax their system at all, but do you really want to take the chance in the end.

i know people who have cheap PSU's that have lasted years, then the others who lost their whole rig with a simple power spike.