• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this safe ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S14SR

Registered
Is it safe running an overclocked CPU @ around 2V's ?
(Im talking about the volt mod for the A7V333)

definitely not unless you have some pretty darn elaborate cooling (Peltiers, Watercooling...etc). Even then, its highly unrecommended.

Icarus said:
definitely not unless you have some pretty darn elaborate cooling (Peltiers, Watercooling...etc). Even then, its highly unrecommended.

Not necessarily. You can have a vcore that high safely as long as the temp doesnt get too high: ~55C. I would monitor it closely at that voltage though, and make sure your PSU can handle it.

well me temps were 46idle & under 50 load at 2+Vcore, what do you think ?
I have a 430 Antec True Power

Safe maybe will the cpu last as long as you want it to prabably not. If temp's are 30c no more @ full load with 2.0 volts you might be alright the chip may last 3 yr's then again it may last 3 hour's. I have ran my 2100 @ 2.1 volts' before but only to see how high (MHZ) I could load window's @. I think that anything over 1.85 volt's or 25% voltage increase is alittle to much depending on the temp. I myself hate seeing my temp's break 40c but most people will say that 50c is ok.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=169722&highlight=voltage+and

Define 'safe'. Running increased voltage always increases risk. Increased cooling reduces risk. How much the increased voltage will cause a problem depends on the processor. What is the default voltage? What process is used to make it? What core does it have? I'd feel much better running a 1.75v Pally at 2v than a 1.5volt tbred.

Back