• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this safe ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S14SR

Registered
Is it safe running an overclocked CPU @ around 2V's ?
(Im talking about the volt mod for the A7V333)

Icarus

definitely not unless you have some pretty darn elaborate cooling (Peltiers, Watercooling...etc). Even then, its highly unrecommended.

altec

polka dot ninja
Icarus said:
definitely not unless you have some pretty darn elaborate cooling (Peltiers, Watercooling...etc). Even then, its highly unrecommended.

Not necessarily. You can have a vcore that high safely as long as the temp doesnt get too high: ~55C. I would monitor it closely at that voltage though, and make sure your PSU can handle it.

OP
S

S14SR

Registered
well me temps were 46idle & under 50 load at 2+Vcore, what do you think ?
I have a 430 Antec True Power

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Safe maybe will the cpu last as long as you want it to prabably not. If temp's are 30c no more @ full load with 2.0 volts you might be alright the chip may last 3 yr's then again it may last 3 hour's. I have ran my 2100 @ 2.1 volts' before but only to see how high (MHZ) I could load window's @. I think that anything over 1.85 volt's or 25% voltage increase is alittle to much depending on the temp. I myself hate seeing my temp's break 40c but most people will say that 50c is ok.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=169722&highlight=voltage+and

Gnufsh

Define 'safe'. Running increased voltage always increases risk. Increased cooling reduces risk. How much the increased voltage will cause a problem depends on the processor. What is the default voltage? What process is used to make it? What core does it have? I'd feel much better running a 1.75v Pally at 2v than a 1.5volt tbred.