• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this the norm or am I just lucky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gipat

I got my 1.6a running at 2568 @ 1.65v stable in windows put it down to 2400 @ 1.5. can game down and temps don't go over 45c. just woundering since I see a lot of you doing the pin mod to get more voltage, is it realy needed. This is with stock hs and fan.

calling bull ***t on myself had to up voltage to 1.65 running @2.4 and temps @47 sorry for the bs. Had to do this because castle wolfenstine kept dropping me to desktop. runs good now

Last edited:

Cooler666

Disabled
gipat said:
I got my 1.6a running at 2568 @ 1.65v stable in windows put it down to 2400 @ 1.5. can game down and temps don't go over 45c. just woundering since I see a lot of you doing the pin mod to get more voltage, is it realy needed. This is with stock hs and fan.

calling bull ***t on myself had to up voltage to 1.65 running @2.4 and temps @47 sorry for the bs. Had to do this because castle wolfenstine kept dropping me to desktop. runs good now

yeah I had to raise my voltage to 1.725V because of castle wolfenstein, at least you know that the computer is stable now

shadow

Registered
Prime95

throw Prime95 on there - it'll knock ya down a couple notches..

shadow

Registered
just test it now

please, it's it not too much trouble, we'd all like to know if she's really stable.

shadow

Anonicle

Registered
I have a 1.6A that is at 2.4 using default voltage, and it was prime stable for over 48hrs.