• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this upgrade worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry for all the images... Can't remove them!

Go to Edit ---> Go Advanced ---> Manage Attachments

Once there, a window will open. In the bottom section should see the images you posted. If you hover over them, a "X" will appear to the top right of each image. You could delete them that way. That should get rid of the "attached images" section to your post.

Actually, you'll get better airflow in push because atm, you're pulling air flow through HD cages plus, you'll be cooling your HD cages either way. The air is only a bit warmer so it won't matter really and you won't have to deal with the airflow in your direction. That's how many cases are designed to push air through the HD cages in many cases. Hell, the samples and most builds I've seen from TT show the same. It could be by design but gives you the flexibility to go either way.

Example from TT.

View attachment 180998

Not only do you have very cool ambient temps but you have some good chips you're working with there that don't need much, hence your low temps. On average, you won't get a good clocker like yours. Your ASIC must be high.

Makes sense, I just keep the back off anyways because I mess with wires a lot and this isnt a comp piece, so functional over aesthetics. Just wish I could get idle temps down more but I assume going to a full copper block will help with that.

My ASIC score is a poor 62.9, but it's zotac and again pinched some pennies. However does OC very well.

My ASIC score is a poor 62.9, but it's zotac and again pinched some pennies.

Brand does not matter. Only a few models are binned, like the MSI Lightning or the EVGA Classified. Whatever the brand, it's luck of the draw in most cases. Mine is a MSI gaming. I could have got a 60% asic...

So will the layout diagram I posted be suitable? I know it's not CPU first but I want the flow simple as possible.

Loop order doesn't matter so long as the res is before the pump. ;)

Great, thanks a bunch. I'll post more here when it gets put together. Oh, by the way what does the V mean on one of the holes on the cpu waterblock? Does it mean inlet or outlet?

Yeah the "V" marking means that's the inlet of the block ;)

That's what I figured as its sometimes used as a universal marking.

They still should say something about it in the manual OP or in the packaging somewhere.

That's what I figured as its sometimes used as a universal marking.

They still should say something about it in the manual OP or in the packaging somewhere.

You'd think so, but here is the manual online that is the same in the box. Shows a different version as well in manual than on site
http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...3b76648b/1446025012595/raystorm-pro-intel.pdf

http://www.xs-pc.com/waterblocks-cpu/raystorm-pro

Never used a custom block so didn't want to make any assumptions and couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

off topic but went ahead and did a clean install of windows 10 because i swapped to this mobo without a clean start and it was starting to cause issue. Now my ocz 3 agility ssd is in disk managment but not explorer and im about to go crazy. so if any of you have an idea that would be great. OCZ ssd tools detects it, was able to update firmware etc, it has all my steam games etc on it and really dont want to try and wipe then re-download 250gb of games.

Thanks, I'll give it a go, its detected in BIOS and disk management and shows its healthy just not in explorer for whatever reason. Doing a file system recover right now to see if I can restore it that way. I think there is an issue as windows wanted me to pick from Win 7 or WIn 10 to boot even though no hard drives had Win 7 on them something fishy is afoot.

Also, just want to say thanks to you Tir, Jack, Neb, etc for all the wonderful help thus far and I feel very welcomed here and will do my best to learn and interact!

have you done a complete shut down to try to get windows to pick up the ssd?

I have many times, i create a partition using the remaining 20gb and magically that caused the new partition and existing to appear. So now transfuring to my 500gb then going to wipe and move it back over. However I think something else is wrong due to when I run specific programs like hwbot benchmark just clicking the icon and the loading image appears it crashes my system as well as with partition magic clicking fast scan does as well or when it finished a full ssd scan. Not sure if chipset is messed up or bad ram stick going to run memtest over night and see what happens. I tinker to much and I break everything however this is a fresh install, might go back to windows 7. Sorry for getting off track here.

did you happen to do the install of 10 with more than just the boot drive connected?

Back