• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this voltage too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

I'm trying to determine if my 1700 is stable at 155 FSB, and so far to even boot into Windows XP it has to be at 2.1 vcore, and my DDR is 2.65. Are these voltages too high? The reason I ask is because Prime95 is giving me errors atm, and one of the suggestions is to raise the vcore. Of course there's also lowering the FSB, but I want to avoid that right now if I could. Any help will be appreciated.

residentevil2

Disabled
on my xp 2000+ it could do 2ghz but at price of 2v oncei did 2v i got errors so maybe thats happning to u also.

Oh and ram can do 2.8v so dont worry about that to much

OP
SlowBurn

SlowBurn

Do you suggest maybe I start at say 145 FSB then step it up, and try to stay at 1.85v?

daS_mAgg0t

Yep, also, thats not much voltage for that crucial 2100, remember its only suppost to run at 133mhz stock. So pump up that voltage to 2.8 (its safe dont worry), and make sure you set your timings to normal in the bios.

Then, see exactly how far u can get with those settings. Once you have found the most stable setting, begin to improve the memory timings, until u get to the stage where u have the highest clockspeed and the most agressive settings on your memory (normally called turbo/ultra) and its 100% stable.

OP
SlowBurn

SlowBurn

OK I'll do that, thanks for all the help guys. Thought I knew what I was doing... I guess I didn't :)

Edit: I don't have a 2.8v on my DDR, just a 2.85v, is that ok to use, or should I bump it down to 2.75v?