• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is water wetter anygood ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

residentevil2

Disabled
Ok i ran out of as3 and as adhesive so i went to dangerden.com and orderd some more and also got a 12oz bottle of waterwetter. they say it can lower temps as much as 30f which i belive is 15c so is this true has anyone used this stuff and noticed any diff in temps.

Also i heard it smells is thier true also and before u pour it in will this stuff give me head acks ?

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
residentevil2 said:
Ok i ran out of as3 and as adhesive so i went to dangerden.com and orderd some more and also got a 12oz bottle of waterwetter. they say it can lower temps as much as 30f which i belive is 15c so is this true has anyone used this stuff and noticed any diff in temps.

Also i heard it smells is thier true also and before u pour it in will this stuff give me head acks ?

Water wetter is good, it MIGHT lower temps 30F in a CAR, but not in your h20 system. It breaks up the surface tension of the water, makes heat transfer better and helps with corrosion. You won't see a significant temp difference going from straight water to a mixture of water and water wetter. Yes it does smell but you shouldn't get headaches, I don't.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
residentevil2 said:
i hope this stuff isnt like some brain cell killing stuff is it ?

And what does it smell like ?
It just smells like a chemical, it is not meant to be sniffed. I would not recommend using it in a bong situation, but in a close loop system, there is no smell.

OP
R

residentevil2

Disabled
Ok then if i get the top to my bucket and make 2 tiny holes for the in and out hoses then seal them would this be susficent? cuss then it would be a closed envirment right?

masitti

Get Purple Ice - it does the same thing, but doesn't smell. I heard Water Wetter smells horrible. Don't expect better temps: it will just prevent corrosion (extremely helpful when you have a mix of aluminum and copper in the system). :)

OP
R

residentevil2

Disabled
ok but that doesnt answer my question if i put the top bakc on the 5 gall bucket and make 2 small holes for the in and out tubbing to go through then seal the holes shut would this be a closed watercooling system?

cuss idont think water can evaporate through a plastix top