• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is win 10 always awake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
Here's what happens, I shut down my win 10, unplug my headphones, on the next boot it tells me I have unplugged my headphones, just as if I had unplugged them with the operating system still booted...........

Good one.. no idea...

It may recognize the 'state' it was in upon shutdown, then when it comes back up sees different and lets you know? No clue... just a guess.

Windows 8/8.1 would go in to a hibernation state (of sorts) by default when shut down. They cut boot times by not having the OS have to actually cold boot. I would imagine W 10 does something similar.

Here's what happens, I shut down my win 10, unplug my headphones, on the next boot it tells me I have unplugged my headphones, just as if I had unplugged them with the operating system still booted...........
Your audio software only knows what state the plug is in (connected/not connected) and what it was the last time it checked. I don't see how this is related to sleep or hibernation at all. It was plugged in, then when the system starts back up, it was disconnected when off but it was connected last time it checked.

Not sure what audio software CD has but my Realtek doesn't know or care about such things. Neither did the VIA on a previous mobo. Whatever state it's in at boot is the new normal.

the sound software is just what ever is on the asrock board.
turning off fast boot got rid of the notice and does not seem to have extended the boot time.
I love this place!!!!!!

Back