• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is7 boot problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Minx

Registered
When i turn on my computer, it says "verifying dmi pool data....." and on the next line it says "boot from cd". Then it says on the next line "disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter".
I have a legit version of windows xp and i have already tried reinstalling it. When this happens and then i manually reset it, it will boot up fine.
Thanx

Manually reset what?

Please explain more... Harddrive setup, connected to where, boot-order, SATA settings

is7

Sorry for the unclearness. When I hard boot the system, it gives me the error messages. I have one seagate baraccuda 80gig hard drive. In the BIOS, the boot order is floppy, harddrive. I have tried to change them all the time, but it insists on trying to boot from a cd even though the cd boot option is not on the order. As I said, when i reset it though while sitting at the error message, it says "verifying pool data", and then just boots windows xp home like it is supposed to.
Thanx

Back