• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with Win 10 DVD Player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leegit

After upgrading to Win 10, the new player doesn't auto-play the DVD when I double-click it... it just opens the DVD folder and shows the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders on the disc. Anyone run into this? How do I resolve this behavior? I'd like to get back to having it seamlessly auto-play the DVD on double-click without having to open any additional player or window? :confused:

Last edited:
i am ok with VLC but i guess im more use the interface on MediaCenterClassic HT edition.

When I have the time, I'll check the settings. It was a fresh install so it's odd that it wouldn't all be pre-configured with the DVD player already setup :shrug:

I'm familiar with VLC been using it for like 15 years as my primary player but this isn't my computer, helping a friend out. That was my plan B.

Thanks all :thup:

Setting up Media Player Classic is kind of a pain in the rear. Have to run setup as Administrator, and W10 will block it. Click on "more info" in the window that tells you it's blocked and a "run anyway" button pops up. Stupid.

I already have the Windows 10 DVD Player installed because I was upgrading from Windows 7. It only works when I open the DVD player and wait for it to auto-load... I can't just click the DVD icon like I would expect. Another issue is that there is the control panel that shows at the bottom when I move my mouse. Some of the DVD menu items are in this area and I can't click them...? Pretty poor design if you ask me. Seems to be no common sense way to hide/minimize this control panel either.

I tried VLC expect it too work like a charm. No luck. Double-clicking the DVD icon file just loads the VLC player window but nothing plays. :shock:

Did you set VLC as the default player in Windows? (probably a dumb question, but we tend to ask things we've done before. LOL) MPC has the same issue for me. I have to drag n drop to the player. W10 sucks.

Did you set VLC as the default player in Windows? (probably a dumb question, but we tend to ask things we've done before. LOL) MPC has the same issue for me. I have to drag n drop to the player. W10 sucks.

You probably said the same thing about Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 when they came out. What? Do you expect an operating system to be perfect?

LOL. I like 7. I liked XP before I got 7. Didn't like 8 from the first Developer Preview I got. Don't like 10. At all. Ever. LOL :)

I liked Vista, too. Just not for long because 7 came out and, well, 7.

In my experience, like every other windows OS is great... 95 was good, 2000/ME sucked, XP was good, Vista sucked, windows 7 was good, windows 8 sucked... so I expected a lot more from Win 10... it really seems like they've moved even farther away from what has been working for the masses with this release. so many micro-changes. its too much...

Last edited:
Funny enough after updating yesterday on my win7 tablet, my Windows Journal quicklaunch disappeared along with any instance of the exe. Turns out a specific update (aug 12) removes it lol. I had to reinstall it after I found the proper link (from ms). MS suggested the free ed of one note. OK, except it immediately on opening asked for a login. MS is retarded. The one installed was v6 something and the replacement is like v10. Should have been an update not a removal.

One thing to note is that the offending update, removing journal, can NOT be uninstalled. MS says it's mission critical (my ***). I don't care what they think they are going to or will force onto windows 7. I will simply revert to an older os image and move on.

Last edited:
Back