• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issues with IDE controler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RDems

Registered
Hey. I just bought a new pc, but one of my HD was still ide, due to the placement of disk drives and HD, and the fact the IDE cable given with my mobo didnt fit both since connectors were to close together ( disk and top of case Hd at bottom) I had to go out and get an IDE controler, I got it installed it everything worked updated drivers, and enabled everything but i cant find my hd or it isnt recognizing my HD,
What do I need to do,

I the hd i have is a western digital 120 gb

Could it have something to do with the master/slave pins

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
If your cable has 3 connectors and is 80 conductors, make sure the end marked motherboard is in motherboard, and master in your hard drive. Set the hard drive jumper to either Master or CS. Leave the middle connector (marked slave) unused.

Make sure BIOS is set to auto detect hard drives.

If those don't work, get a new cable, a bad cable could be a problem especially cheap brand stuff (or OEM that comes with store bought PC) and may fail after just a few connect/disconnects.

OP
RDems

RDems

Registered
Kk ill try that, its a new pc so imma still getting used to bios, but its know the hd is detect check in device manager, plus the ide controller is working ( again checked device manager) but the hd isnt appearing in my computer nor can i access any files that are one it...