• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issues with Windows Update (windows 10) error: 0x8007001F

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

So I have having a lot of frustrating issues with this update.

Windows is forcing the update, but failing 100% of the time, and retries every few minutes with pop ups, forced restarts telling me yadda yadda.

I get this error 100% of the time when trying to update. I have tried all the fixes I can find.

Uninstall all high definition audio drivers, re install them, update them, disable them. Doesn't help.
I have ran the trouble shooter for windows update which 100% of the time will come back with corrupted database saying it fixed it and to redownload update. I can run this an infinite amount of times and it will give me this every time.
I have ran the DISM things through command prompt. I did the scan now one.
Only antivirus/maleware I have is Malewarebytes which I tried disabling.

Nothing is fixing this issue at all. It still fails 100% of the time with this error.

Last edited:
Did you try uninstalling the audio drivers, then trying the update with no audio drivers installed yet? It reads like you tried that, but it's hard to tell.

Did you try uninstalling the audio drivers, then trying the update with no audio drivers installed yet? It reads like you tried that, but it's hard to tell.

Yes. Uninstalled and disabled.

I ended up having to wipe everything, buy a usb, install an updated iso and re install windows.

Late, obviously. but as this is one of the top google searches, this is what you need to do for those who are still having this issue.

It has to do with your license to Windows 10.

Press Start
Settings
Update and security
Change product key

Enter your product key, and it should take from there.

its the same as this error code, so you can also go to this link

Be sure to restart your computer after the installation is complete and the error 0x8007001f will be fixed in most cases. You can also download the updated drivers from the options within the sound card driver settings. Right click on the Windows icon and select “device manager”.

Some of the other fixes are:

Fix 1: Disable Antivirus
Fix 2: Uninstall audio drivers
Fix 3: Restart the Windows Update Service
Fix 4: Perform the DISM check

Using an ISO you can also perform an in place reinstall of Windows 10 from within Windows that retains not only data but all programs and settings. I did this the other day to fix a problem with the Windows Defender boot time scanner. Worked like a charm. The problem was either broken system files or broken updates.

Back