• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 MAX2 v2.0 SATA issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lbbo2002

I am using the IT7 Max 2 v2.0 with 3 hard drives. 2 120 Western Digital 8meg cache in RAID 0 (IDE 3 and 4 - 32K cluster) and a DiamondMax Plus 60 Ultra ATA 100 40 gig w/serial adaptor on SATA J3. All drives are NTFS partitions, default cluster size.

I have the Maxtor as the windows O/S XP boot partition (95% free). The swap file is set to a gig going to RAID 0.

Under Sandra and PCMark I get crappy disk performance numbers. The Raid 0 Rocks but I can't seem to find what the issues is on the SATA.

In XP the controller shows ATA 100 and DMA is set correctly but I am stumped. I get like 659 in PCMark disk score and 20K in Sandra . This is drive is Maxtor 5T040H4 which is a 7200 rpm drive getting 5400 performance numbers . The RAID is 59000K Sandra so thats rockin.

Any clues? Anyone else seen this?

microfire

If your using an aftermarket soundcard then theres your problem.
IT7 + raid + after market soundcard = big problems.

It gets worse when you run more than 2 drives on the raid controller. Don't be surprised if your system locks up and expect it to be slow performance.
Im running 2 drives on the controller, its alot better than when I was running 4 drives. Even now I still have problems.

Put out your sound card and your numbers will go up. I know it sucks but its the only way.

OP
lbbo2002

lbbo2002

I wish it was a sound card but I am using the onboard sound. The only card in it is the Abit G4 4200. That's what is confusing. I have read about the sound issue and before I got this board I decided to use everything on board. It comes with a dishwasher and everything :)

Anyone else... Any pointers?

The IT7 been out a while no one else hit this?

I hate it when I am the only one :eek: