• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's basically Winter, time to crank it up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Loyalty said:
How does Plext get all of his rigs? Is it all at his job or what?

I'd imagine its something like that. That's a lot of CPUs to have in your home :D

Since I setup my secondary rig in Late October I've moved up 300 places :sn:

(was: 666th now: 356th and rising)
I MIGHT have another up and moving in January.

Well I'm not really on your team anymore,but I pretend to be anyway. Well yesterday my folding team broke into the top 1000 and I made a post about it on our website's message boards (pcgamersoasis.com for those that didnt already know) and just since I made the post, 4 people have already decided to join because they realize that it is acctually a serious thing!

So this is good for all of us.

Ever since I added the AX7 to my rig, my system has become a chiller. My room temps are now like 20-21 degrees whereas before it was like 24 - 25. My chip is locked in at 166FSB unforunately.

AmigoThree said:
Well I'm not really on your team anymore,but I pretend to be anyway. Well yesterday my folding team broke into the top 1000 and I made a post about it on our website's message boards (pcgamersoasis.com for those that didnt already know) and just since I made the post, 4 people have already decided to join because they realize that it is acctually a serious thing!

So this is good for all of us.

it is ok amigo, through your new team, you are reaching people that otherwise not might hear about the folding cause and then get them folding! we appreciate you hanging around and posting here, hopefully some of the others from your team will post with us to. IT would be good to hear of their progress and miletsones!

keep up the hard recruiting, every person can make a difference.

FOLD ON
NAS

Somehow I missed this thread. I am limited on production and farm growth due to a room that is so well insulated that the light bulbs alone are heaters even in the middle of the winter. This is my third christmas here and to date I have never turned on the heater, even before I started folding. I was planning to build a dual (really want to); however, my systems are really beating me up on the heat side and it's a constant task to keep them going. Everyday I check on one to find it locked up and being the operator that I am, I'm too motivated to turn something down. For these reasons I decided to upgrade all the processors to 2100+ and will only OC as far as default voltage will let me. On the P4 side I have two 478 boards (P4T-E, TH7II). I have ordered a 1.8A which i hope to get to 2.4 default and will fold it there. If I'm lucky enough to get a C1 stepping I will use ED's advice on the home page and go straight to 3.0 and see what happens. I don't think NewEgg has C1s though. Anyway best wishes to all in their respective contributions.

There are so many ways to aid the cause here. You don't even need a PC. Just the ability to recruit, motivate, and cheer.

Jet, that's amazing. When I was stationed at Ft. Eustis, I lost a water pump due to freezing weather. Just open something, and let the coolness in.

Let us know what your new 1.8 does, I have 2 at 2.5 in TH711s.

steve

skou said:
Jet, that's amazing. When I was stationed at Ft. Eustis, I lost a water pump due to freezing weather. Just open something, and let the coolness in.

Let us know what your new 1.8 does, I have 2 at 2.5 in TH711s.

steve
Leaving windows or doors open here is absolutely forbidden (security). I've already recieved four warnings. Good to hear about your success with the 1.8A. I've been worried that they may be as fickle as the 1600+s I'm running now. Do you know of anyone with experience using the P4T-E? I'm going with these to allow me to reuse my Rdram.

How did you like the area when you were here?

Back