• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its fryed but whats fryed?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ri0_6667

Hey guys welcome to my nightmare. ok here we go, i have an asus p4s333 with an intel 2.0A and radeon 9000 pro. When i first received my computer it was unstable and i blamed this on the radeon, so did windows. so i sent my radeon back, i just got my radeon and ram yesterday so i threw them in. all was good untill it froze once again, so i decided to overclock it. i'd done this b4 with this chip but could only reach 2404mhz, so i decided that i would try to up the voltage. my motherboard allows me to go to 1.75 without doing vidpinning so i put it to 1.65 and decided to start going, i was once again at 2404 and was stress testing in sandra when it just quit, no beeps or anything. I have a volcano7+ and it was on high, i was checking the temps constantly and they wernt really past a little warm. my mb has a voice warning message that normally tells you whats wrong but this time when i give it power i dont even get fan movement, ive erased my bios and all still nothing. took the chip out and everything i can think of but still nothing. a friend informed me that its probably just my motherboard, if this was true i would also blame my motherboard for the system instability. is there a chance that it is my processor and motherboard, is this common. would it kill my other p4 mb if i threw the cpu in and it was fryed? im in the process of getting an rma from asus and i was wondering if i should try to send the cpu back to intel too? any comments or suggestions are very welcome thanks.

Rio71

hi, and welcome to the forum. :)
the 9700pro needs much of power.
make sure, your psu is a good one.
i have reed long treads about that.
try go into the vid card forum or vid card sites.

OP
Ri0_6667

Ri0_6667

It has nothing to do with the vid card, i normally can plug the mb in with nohing in pci,cpu or ram slots and the fans will stil power up.

james.miller

ok, calm down. i was just asking,ok?
if there is nothin at all then id say its the mobo or psu, have you tried another psu?

normally, you will get fans turning if its just the cpu thats faulty

OP
Ri0_6667

Ri0_6667

yeah im gonna test my psu out, dont have another one to try it on so ill just check the voltages n stuff. that just occured to me while reading another forum. hopefulls its just the psu, but the light on the mb still works. when i turn on power the fans just move for like half a sec and then nothing.. horrible horrible nothingness.