• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its Here: C3 955BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Smurph

Registered
Well it has arrived in shipping and I will begin putting it through its paces once I lap my Cooler Master V8. I def plan on undervolting it first and seeing how low it can go. Then I will begin the task of overclocking it! Im def hopping for the 4ghz area and hopefully I wont burn this one up like poor 940. Ill keep you guys updated and put some pics up of it. Thanks again for all the help you guys put out on this great forum!

Cant wait to see results. If you dont mind, leaving everything else at stock (ie CPU_NB/NB, and HT at 2ghz) let us know the min voltage required to hit 4ghz prime95 stable. I assume you will be using a 64 bit flavor of win7?

yay mine just arrived too, cant wait to get off work at slap that baby in. We can compare to check results. Im running the dark knight cooler right now. Also my c2 was 3.6 stable stock everything, but to reach 3.8 i had to up the ht, and cpu voltage to 1.44. I want to hit 4.0 with this one and hopefully 4.2 :)

Im actually still running Windows XP 32 bit. Im buying the upgrade to Win 7 64bit tomorrow as I can get it as a student for cheap. Just a heads up, atm Im trying to see where the minimum voltage to load up windows is running stock settings. So far Im at 1.15 volts and windows will load. Will update as progress moves on

yay mine just arrived too, cant wait to get off work at slap that baby in. We can compare to check results. Im running the dark knight cooler right now. Also my c2 was 3.6 stable stock everything, but to reach 3.8 i had to up the ht, and cpu voltage to 1.44. I want to hit 4.0 with this one and hopefully 4.2 :)

very interested to see the results here mate, i am soon upgrading to 955be and the dark night.
please include lots of pics and temps!.

well i have another thread going..think i got a bum cpu.... one core fails prime95 after 30 seconds everytime..the rest are perfect. im running my cpu at 1.4 and have it stable ( cept for that one core ) at 4.0ghz temps are 30c idle 48c load...kinda ****es me off, i think it can go higher, but that one core is poopied

lol i went the opposite of you... mines at 4.0 with 1.45v.. and my core stopped dying all of a sudden. Congrats on the nice purchase :)

I wanted to honestly find the minimum first and then work from there.

Keep up the good work. Make sure to post results in the Phenom II thread (see sig)

Will do Master Dolk! Currently at 4.01 Ghz with 1.45V as well. Cant seem to get it prime stable just yet but starting another run now.

Prime stable will come with good memory timings and a perfect CPU-NB. Just fiddle around and you will get it.

whats your ht/nb@? im running mine at 2400. Setting them to 2600 doesnt seem to increase the stability, ill try increasing to 1.5V and watch my temp but I think thats the max voltage the cpu can take. maybe dolk will chime in, he seems to have these memorized :)

I find that burn in is a very real phenomenon for cpus. Frequently a few months down the road Ill drop the voltage a tad, or up my oc 100-200mhz over its original max, and find it is still stable. Even my ram lets me go up sometimes after a few months of heavy use at its prior max.

Nothing conslusive,and I dont intentionally burn stuff in, I just use it for awhile then test it a little higher.

I would expect 4ghz to need at least 1.45v, I mean thats only +0.1v for an 800mhz overclock! My C2 955 needs 1.45 for 3.6, 1.50 for 3.8, and cant do 4ghz at all. Well I do not go higher than 1.5 but I think I tried 4ghz at 1.55 and it wouldnt boot.

my old c2 was doing 3.8 at 1.45..this one booted into 4.0 at 1.45 and then did that core crashing thing for a bit then stopped, now the temps have dipped a little since yesterday as well. Hopefully this trend keep going :)

Ok, so here are some numbers:
Clock: 200mhz
Multi: 20X
CPUVid: 1.46V
NB Speed: 2600mhz
NB VID:1.2V
HT Speed: 2400mhz

-didnt really see the point in running the HT at 2600mhz as the HT doesnt really affect performance.

Still looking to get prime95 stable but have played several of my games and have yet to have a crash in game. Ive also tried running OCCT Large and it will usually crash after and hour. Im thinking my memory could be the issue as I can run OCCT Small and not crash. So its either the NB or the Memory thats throwing the error. Im going to keep adjusting settings and working to get this thing stable for 5 hours. I really dont play many games for 5 hours so that for me is a good enough benchmark.

I wouldnt go by my temps to much but I thought I would throw them out there. Idle 25-27C and load is roughly 42-44C. Granted I have the window open and my case is right next to it. Outside temp now is -6C or 21F. Need to get a thermostat in the room lol. Im very happy with this overclock. Ive been able to boot to 4.1 but not 4.2ghz but really havent pushed much beyond 4.0.

That one core being unstable thing, Try bumping the CPU_NB voltage a bit. That one little voltage for my system effects the stability of my cpu, memory, and CPU_NB link. At 3.8ghz, 1.5vcore sometimes a core will still fail prime, but if I bump cpu_nb like 0.05v it goes away. Of course to get my CPU_NB to 2400 I need to push it a whole 0.1v.

On the other hand adjusting my plain old Northbridge voltage seems to have zero effect on stability at all.

Just realized that I never expected to get into oc'ing this much again. For the last few years I hardly oc'ed my computer much past a few hundred mhz. PhII got me back in the game, they are just so enjoyable to o/c!

A friend is going to need a system built soon, Im going to do it for free + os install and stuff. In exchange I will be adopting the C3 955, giga 790gx am3 board, & DDR3 we will be ordering for the new box, and putting my C2+ddr2 (same mobo but ddr3 ver) in his.

My friend just gave me a Sapphire 4870 X2 (im probably just going to sell it & get a 5770+another 4gb ddr3-1600 ram, my 5502 psu is handling it for now but Im concerned about such a huge power draw on such a small psu), so my system will be doing 4ghz on ddr3-1600 very soon woot!

Oh people with the 955BE C3, can we see some memory benchmarks of your DDR3? So far on C2 and prior AM3 Phenom II chips, ddr3 does not bench out much better than ddr2. I get ~10gb/sec bandwidth thereabouts out of my ddr2-1066. Id really love to see some numbers from the new C3 memory controller with DDR3-1600+, but if you are running 1333 or w/e don't hesitate to share! Id like to know going through all the trouble of upgrading from C2+ddr2 to a C3+DDR3 is going to be worth it!

Hey Malakia, lol I think ya posted in the wrong thread. I never mentioned having issues with a core crashing. Anyways I finally got 4.01Ghz OCCT stable and Im now running Prime 95 running 1.46Vcore. I will post up some more voltages when Im done running Prime.

Back