• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've heard mixed reviews on the fop38 and the wbk38. I need to know the bottom line. WHICH IS BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MidnightClocker

I've heard mixed reviews on the fop38 and the wbk38. I need to know the bottom line. WHICH IS BE

I've seen some reviews that say the fop is better by about 1 or 2 degrees celsius in full load compared to the wbk. Also I've heard the fop has a much much cooler idle temp then the wbk, by about 10 C.

What should I get?

MidnightClocker (Apr 25, 2001 12:58 a.m.):
I've seen some reviews that say the fop is better by about 1 or 2 degrees celsius in full load compared to the wbk. Also I've heard the fop has a much much cooler idle temp then the wbk, by about 10 C.

What should I get?

My understanding is that the wbk is the newer improved version of the fop but I don't own either so sorry I cant help with figures

my FOP 32 was literally worth 20 degrees f.

Don't know about the 38. Course my OEM sink wasn't lapped nor did it have AS II........but 20 degrees is a huge improvement!

I have a WBK38, FOP38 and CAK38. In my case, the CAK38 and WBK38 both got the same temperatures with the FOP38 1c behind. But the CAK38 will be better at higher speeds I beleive.

having seen both, the wbk seems to be the better cooler, it has a much larger and thicker base than the 38. The CAK 38 looks breat, but aren't the clips on the socket only rated to 300 grams and the CAK is 500, if you keep your comp in one place, then it would be great, but if you move it i would take the sink off, and then put it on when you arrive at your destination(hey, we all love lan parties). That can get to be a pain though.....

MidnightClocker (Apr 25, 2001 12:58 a.m.):

What should I get?

I did not compare them, but the WBK38 handily beat my PAL6035 (by 4C), which I consider as a feat. Moreover it allows attachment of an 80mm fan for reduced noise and possilbly even better cooling.

Yo

Back