• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive lost my rear channels :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ri0_6667

I'm not sure what happened, but I seem to have lost any surround capabilitys. I know its not my speakers because when I plug the rear jack into the front jack i hear everything. I've tryed this on both my p4s333 onboard 5.1 (cmi8738) and also my aopen cobra 2 (also cmi8738) and neither produce rear channel sound anymore, for no apparent reason. It requres that a mixer be installed to activate the rear channels on the mobo, and ive tryed every version I could find :( I've also made sure that both my soundcard and onboard are set at full acceleration. any ideas are very welcome.

Ps. I have logitech z560s, also, I've removed my overclock.. still nothing

cack01

When that happened to me, I reinstalled the sound drivers and everything worked perfectly. I even got the same mixer problem. First try reinstalling the drivers, and then start from there.

OP
Ri0_6667

Ri0_6667

Ya, Ive tryed the drivers. I guess it couldnt hurt to try again. stupid windows, when i uninstall the drivers and reboot to install different drivers, it installs the old ones again, its really anoying. Ive formated twice since this happened so you would think i'd see some change... o well back to work

Konnan10101

Registered
yeah on my old sb live i had the same problem the sound would kind of come and go depends on what type of mood the soudn card was in
i am pretty sure it was the drivers cause i went ahead and upgraded to an audigy 2 (incredible sound , absolutely perfect) and now i get all my speakers sounding great