• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IWill KK-266 Bios Limits?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheSlimOne

I have an Iwill kk-266 that I am very happy with. But I have a couple of questions...

1) Is there a limitation on the size of the hard-drive. I have a Maxtor 40.9g and the bois see's it as a 33gig? I hate using that EZ-Drive layer , but if I must, I must.

2)I have a T-Bird 750mhz @ 1000 (7.5*133) Everything runs great @ 38C poking around on the net. The bios always selects 1.8v Is this right?? Whenever I try to drop it manually , it stays at 1.8v (1.81 actually) Am I missing something?

Thanks alot guy. Your the ones that got me to buy this board and chip combo.

Slim

Ok I answers my own question about the bois limit on the hard drive. Still wondering about the voltage though

Thanks
Slim

I cannot confirm that the voltage does not drop, when you select it maually. HOWEVER, on my board it used 1.85 as a default rather than 1.75 as specified by AMD, and all voltages were of by +0.1 (e.g. 1.65 would read 1.75V in system health status and MBM). OTOH 1.85 manual would read 1.96 - good for overclocking if you have good cooling.

Did you try the new kk266 bios?

Yo

Yea its got the newest Bios.

I'm not going to complian at all . Its tops out a 43c on quake III and on default voltage its (7.5*133) I'm happy , thats all I wanted..

Slim

TheSlimOne (Mar 02, 2001 02:10 p.m.):
Ok I answers my own question about the bois limit on the hard drive. Still wondering about the voltage though

Thanks
Slim
Slim-

What is the BIOS limit? I just ordered the board and it should be here any day now.

I was told by the IWill tech guy that it was 80gig. I was havin probs with my 40.9 gig being called a 32gig. It was a jumper I had on the drive.

Its a great board. I just can't figure why it wants to put 1.81 volt into my Tbird 750. No big deal because the temp stays low.

Slim

P.S. Are you in the Military??

Should I only up the voltage if I feel that the comp is running un-stable?

TheSlimOne (Mar 02, 2001 09:13 p.m.):
I was told by the IWill tech guy that it was 80gig. I was havin probs with my 40.9 gig being called a 32gig. It was a jumper I had on the drive.

Its a great board. I just can't figure why it wants to put 1.81 volt into my Tbird 750. No big deal because the temp stays low.

Slim

P.S. Are you in the Military??

The Iwill is a bit generous with the voltage. I would reduce the voltage in bios, until it reads the correct value in the health stats or until the system becomes unstable.Less voltage = less heat, some people seem to be able to o/c better with less voltage too...

Check the reading in some monitoring proggie like MBM.

Yo

Back