• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill KK266 or Asus A7V133? Need some recommendations!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aman99

Ok heres the deal. I have an Abit KT7A-RAID right now, and quite frankly i'm tired of it doing certain speeds and not others (it will do 1400 mhz for instance, but not 1333 mhz). So I plan to sell the motherboard I have now and get either and Asus A7V133 or Iwill KK266.

My system setup is a 1 ghz AXIA, and I am also going to get a Swiftech MC462-A. The AXIA did about 1400 mhz on an Alpha PAL 6035 with YS-tech fan, so I need a good motherboard that can do around 1450 mhz completely stable.

What do you guys recommend between these two motherboards?

well opinions are like, well, you know...

never tried the asus, but have nothing but good things to say about my iwill kk266. easy multiplier, fsb and voltage adjusts in the bios make it simple to try different combinations to see what your best settings are for your particular setup

maybe someone with knowledge of both boards will be able to give you a little feedback of the differences between the two

good luck

i chose to go with the asus, i'm happy. its supposed to have more overclockibility then the iwill, i really dont know. not sure what the specs are for the kk266 but the a7v133 allows for the user to set the bus in 1mhz increments in jumperless mode. the cpu socket is pretty much free of clutter, should have no prob getting in a hsf. one thing i dont like about the asus is that it comes with one of those damn useless cnr slots, i seem to remember that the iwill has an isa; at least you can use that . .i'm sure you've researched the specs of both, you're just looking to see which one just performs better right?

yes, basically which one performs better, and I want to make sure none of the boards have any weird issues. Like my Abit for instance, which could do 140 mhz FSB stable, but not 133 mhz FSB, those are the kind of weird things I would like to know about from any of you that have these boards. But THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES SO FAR :)

I'd like to hear how any other users who have these boards are liking theirs.

use the 0426 or 0307 bios for the iwill the 0515 is total crap!!! I would say get the iwill. Nice board IMHO.

Aman99 (May 17, 2001 01:53 p.m.):
Ok heres the deal. I have an Abit KT7A-RAID right now, and quite frankly i'm tired of it doing certain speeds and not others (it will do 1400 mhz for instance, but not 1333 mhz). So I plan to sell the motherboard I have now and get either and Asus A7V133 or Iwill KK266.

My system setup is a 1 ghz AXIA, and I am also going to get a Swiftech MC462-A. The AXIA did about 1400 mhz on an Alpha PAL 6035 with YS-tech fan, so I need a good motherboard that can do around 1450 mhz completely stable.

What do you guys recommend between these two motherboards?

I havn't tried the Asus A7v133 but I have nothing but good things to say about the Iwill KK266. I was a first time system builder and now have a rock solid sytem. I won't say that the board is flawless because it is based on a VIA chipset and you will have to do some troubleshooting but that's to be expected.

I suggest reading the unofficial IWIll KK266 faq. Loads of helpful information can be found there. I'm also using the Swiftech fan and have been able to get my 1.33 @ 1.53 stable.

Amiel

I havn't tried the Asus A7v133 but I have nothing but good things to say about the Iwill KK266. I was a first time system builder and now have a rock solid sytem. I won't say that the board is flawless because it is based on a VIA chipset and you will have to do some troubleshooting but that's to be expected.

I suggest reading the unofficial IWIll KK266 faq. Loads of helpful information can be found there. I'm also using the Swiftech fan and have been able to get my 1.33 @ 1.53 stable.

Amiel[/quote

Not to take anything away from Amiel's opinion, but I'm from the other camp. I currently have four systems up, although no experience with the Iwill. The A7V133 has been a delight to work with, I've gotten a DURON 600 TO 1130MHz on it and a T-BIRD 1.2-266 to 1470 on it as well.

Your decision, tough call.

Research, the key to a successful overclocking experience!

I'll cast two votes for the Iwill board..I have two of them. They are 'Palomino ready', that is, the multipliers and expected voltages are already incorporated.

The Iwill boards FSB overclocking potential is second to none, and even when run on the ragged edge, mine maintain very good/excellent stability.

Three phase power, lots of room around the socket for a large HSF, if you are air cooling and seemingly good support..a real oddity in this field. The onboard sound is even more than acceptable. I am not trying to influence your decision, I'm merely illustrating what my experience has been with the board(s).

I have an A7V..but not an A7V133, so can offer you nothing of substance from that perspective.

T

I have to agree w/ Megahertz. The Iwill is very stable and O/C's easily. Iwill's tech support is decent and they release updates regularly.
I bought a SB Live but after getting my mobo and listening to the onboard sound, I sold it.( I only had 2 speakers and woofer anyway.)

Back