• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill KK266 Rev 1.2 RMA Program for Multiplier Problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Grrrr..I swapped my KK266 for an abit KT7A yesterday. And the KT7A won't work with any multiplier settiong other than default. I'm taking it back today. The abit is fast as hell though. In Q3 I gained 8 fps over my test trial at 800x600x16 that I used with the Iwill. And no 133 jumper is nice, but I think overall the Iwill is a better overclocker. A stable 966mhz compared to 945mhz with the abit with a duron 700.

If I decide to buy a KT133A, Iwill gets my business. Hands down!! This recall will cost them millions--they are a small outfit, so this will have a serious to worse impact on their profits. I read an interview of a trustworthy source of information in the hardware biz. He said that Asus is no longer a leader in quality. When asked, "so who is?" he replied, "Iwill."

Well, klosters64a, I've posted this in several forums and you're the only guy whose even commented about Iwill's integrity in doing this. I don't get it. Are you the only one with his thinking cap on? I guess they'll all keep going out and mindlessly buying Asus and Abit boards with their non-existent support. But I guess most guys think that support means way too many BIOS upgrades to fix all the bugs they build into their boards.

BTW, I'm glad to see that Ed put it up on the front page here.

Way to go seabhac! Glad to see klosters64a isn't alone here. IMO, given the lack of support and accountability in this industry, everyone should be impressed by this. Maybe if Iwill gets enough kudos on this, the other slime ball manufacturers will have to come around.

DaveB (Mar 13, 2001 10:31 a.m.):
Way to go seabhac! Glad to see klosters64a isn't alone here. IMO, given the lack of support and accountability in this industry, everyone should be impressed by this. Maybe if Iwill gets enough kudos on this, the other slime ball manufacturers will have to come around.

I'm just glad they turned out to be so upfront. I just purchased a board from them although it is a rev 1.1 I don't know if this will become a problem for me in the future but is good to know they stand behind the product.

I will buy from them again too. Not only did they send my bios chip twice via priority mail, I also had e-mailed support, which ended up in Taiwan, and yesterday a third chip arrived from there - way to go.

Yo

it seems like i will be returning my motherboard for a new one today!!!

i can't change the damn multiplier worth a crap on this thing!! but everything else is working great...

i posted message on the amd cpu section but no responses there... but it seems like my problem has been answered here!!! and i thought i was doing something wrong? go figure...

DaveB (Mar 13, 2001 08:09 a.m.):
Iwill is doing the right thing about the multiplier problem. They're admitting there's a defect and have initiated an expedited RMA program. Here's a link:

http://www.iwillusa.com/rma/kk266.pdf

Got the info from [H]ard|OCP.

It's really nice that they give you the option of cross shipping with a credit card, if I have a problem with the board I have coming from newegg.com, I definitely want to have one sent to me before I send mine back.
Anyone ordered a KK266 from newegg.com and had the problem?

I am so Impresed with IWILL,{Although I have the ABIT KT7A That works flawlessly}I am sure my next upgrade will be the IWILL for a job well done and execelence in HONESTY !!!I have posted a few negitive comments related to IWILL and MSI for creating mass Problems to FELLOW O/CERS.

As far as IWILL goes I Am amazed and very happy for all off you that have there product !!

Just received my KK266 yesterday. This is the first system I'm building, so I kind of freaked out when I heard about the multiplier prob.
Is this problem unique to the RAID Version?
Thanks,
ty

It sure is nice to see someone or some-company take some responsibility. I guess they couldn't blame it on their parents or guns.

[quoteIt's really nice that they give you the option of cross shipping with a credit card, if I have a problem with the board I have coming from newegg.com, I definitely want to have one sent to me before I send mine back.
Anyone ordered a KK266 from newegg.com and had the problem?[/quote]

i got my kk266 from newegg last week and i'm returning mine to iwill when the new one arrives. hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week.

i'm using their advance replacement rma as well which i think is good too. if you read my posts, you'll see all the stuff i went through to finally find out it's the damn board that was holding me back! and i thought i was doing something wrong?!!

other than the multiplier problem i had, this is a great board!!

fallout55 (Mar 13, 2001 08:39 a.m.):
Grrrr..I swapped my KK266 for an abit KT7A yesterday. And the KT7A won't work with any multiplier settiong other than default. I'm taking it back today. The abit is fast as hell though. In Q3 I gained 8 fps over my test trial at 800x600x16 that I used with the Iwill. And no 133 jumper is nice, but I think overall the Iwill is a better overclocker. A stable 966mhz compared to 945mhz with the abit with a duron 700.

I just got the KK266 installed and I'm back at 966mhz again. The multiplier works on this one and it is a version 1.2. Now I'm kinda glad the multiplier was messing up on the KT7A or I would have been hesitant to get rid of it. I'm looking at getting a 1.2 266 Tbird asap now that I have a stable mobo that works. I'm using the Jan8 bios that came with it. I wish Iwill would include the turbo memory and the cpu boost thing into one of their bioses soon.

Krakn3Dfx (Mar 13, 2001 11:40 a.m.):

It's really nice that they give you the option of cross shipping with a credit card, if I have a problem with the board I have coming from newegg.com, I definitely want to have one sent to me before I send mine back.
Anyone ordered a KK266 from newegg.com and had the problem?

I got mine from newegg - version 1.1 no multiplier problem :)

Not to get to indepth but I have always been Happy with my board. I would like to say that I do agree with all of you though, it is hard to find anyone let-alone any company that will admit that they have a problem or have made a mistake and I think this is Outstanding and deserves at least some respect.

I've had mine for a nearly a month...Rev. 1.1 no problems. The TurkOC BIOS fully tweaked allows the board to run at the very head of the pack.

I must say that I am very impressed with the way Iwill handled this..although their initial admission of 30 defective boards passing through QC was a little troubling.

Gotta love what they're doing.

I'm getting another..

T

Just received my board today, and lo and behold, it's one of the problem boards. Quick check with a magnifying glass showed the exact resistor trouble. I'm glad that I follow this stuff here, instead of possibly farting around for weeks with a problem. Lots of class on iwill's part to take such quick care of this.

Yomama (Mar 13, 2001 06:26 p.m.):
Does anyone know what they are charging for the board, when cross-shipping, and you do not return it?

yes, you must return it otherwise you'll loose your money!! kinda like buying a new board direct from the manufacturer.

you fill out the rma form then fax or email it to them.
for the advance replacement (where you get he board first, then give them yours), you give them your credit card # on the rma form and they hold your money for whicher board you're replacing.

they hold $150 for kk266 and $170 for kk266r
they process it and ship it via ups ground.

you get the board and send yours back to them within 7 days, otherwise they keep your money from your credit card.

Back