• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IWILL KK266 Settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trinity

I am going to get the IWILL KK266 with the t-bird 1.2
I have set my sights on a ratio of 10 and a fsb of 133. I wish to do this because I do not want problems with my pci or agp devices. Does this sound like a good setting? Should my voltage be set to default, above, or below? I will tell you how it turns out. Thanks.

10x133 should be feasible, it works for my board/chip, though it's only a 1.1 GHz core.

If you are lucky you may get 10.5 or even 11x133

Don't be too afraid of going above 133MHz. Up to 140 should be ok, even with fickle devices, I am running 157 as we speak #:eek:)

Yo

Thanks, I am probably going to put a fan on the chipset, do you think my fop32-1 will be able cool the chip we enough when overclocking? Did you raise the voltage or did you try lowering it below default?

Kyle (Feb 23, 2001 10:24 a.m.):
Thanks, I am probably going to put a fan on the chipset, do you think my fop32-1 will be able cool the chip we enough when overclocking? Did you raise the voltage or did you try lowering it below default?

Thernmal compound and a fan are good ideas, which I used myself.

I do not know the FOP 32 well enough, just try it , i really like alpha heatsinks.

CAREFUL with the voltage settings !

The default "auto" setting comes out at exactly 1.85V. However if you select the voltage manually, at least on my board it's off by 0.1 - 0.12V; so 1.85 is actually 1.97, and 1.8 is 1.91. This increase alllows me to run at 1400, but the chip gets just a tad too hot for my feelings (45C under load, case open Alpha 6035).

So I left it at 1335 for now.

Lowering the real voltage, by setting it to 1.65=1.75 did not allow me to raise the speed. Actually after seeing this deviation, I am wondering whether there is a general issue with the voltage settings on other boards, so that people wjho think they set it to say 1.8 were actually running 1.9 or so, without knowing. I sent a message to Ed to investigate this.

Yo

Back