• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'iwill' What's the dill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lunchbox!

OKey dokey.I have an iwillka266-r mobo; 256mb crucial pc2100 ram; a new 1.33GHz proc in the mail, and I ordered a 1.33GHz rated heatsink to hold me over til I can figure out which one to get. I have plenty of airflow, with 5x 80mm fans, 2 pulling, 3 pushing. My question is this, would the new Swiftech mc-462 be a good choice for my setup? Or for that much money do you think I should go water? Please provide feedback, if you can, with links to the site... Also, how exactly should the heatsink sit on the proc, only touching the die? or te whole proc....should I buy a copper shim or no?

You can buy two or three MC-462A HSFs for the cost of a quality water rig. I'm not talking about some "bargain basement" water rig that is poorly engineered, or barely adequate, but one that will last a while and "put out".
IE
Danger Den Maze 2, Eheim 1248 pump, Danger Den Cube radiator, 2 Panaflo fans, Reservoir, tubing, water wetter, as an example of a quality water rig.

Hoot

Back