• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill Xp333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

I'm looking at building another computer and there seems to be much praise for the XP333 (Raid) motherboard. Is there any difference with the non-raid version???? Does it have usb 2.0 and 6 channel sound??? The sound is not a big deal but I would like built in usb 2.0.. I see Biostar also has a kt333 board WITH built in usb 2.0.. Some suggetions please

Hey Chaos, hope your system isn't anything like your name:D

the only difference between the 2 is XP333(no raid) and the XP333-R(with raid). but too bad, USB 2.0 isn't supported on this board, and for the 6 channels sound, the front channels are on the board, while the centre/woofer and rear channels are on a PCI plate, which you connect with cable to the mobo, but this will take over 1 of your PCI space. This board rocks!!!!:D, and remember to get the 2.1 verson!!!

I just ordered one from www.pc-pitstop.com
And a stick of OCZ pc3000 rev 2 (ie. 366mhz @ cas 2:2:2 guarantied!)
Hope it works well.
Replacing my old 1.0 tb as soon as T-bred is out and its prise has gone down a bit.

I've got the V2.1 raid with 512MB of Corsair xms2700. The Bios seems to have a prob with the high speed mem's that are 512MB in size. I had a KA-266r and that worked excellent. I am a bit disapointed with the xp333. (I ordered and setup 6 of them). Hopefully they will have the bios fixed soon. And maybe a bit of my disapointment is because the KA266 worked so freaking well.

Kato said:
have you flashed for the latest BIOS(3/14)? it supposed to treat DDR memory better...

Yes I have. I believe it has something to do with the autodetecting SPD of ram and fsb of the board. Some settings work while others don't (and sometimes it is the LOWER speed setting that does not work). I believe they will get it work out soon.

Do you guys think Iwill will release a new BIOS for the XP333 soon? I'm hoping they tweak a few of their 'errors'...

Back