• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

J&W Boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sweefu

Hey,
just a bit of info. I see alot of people on here asking about good budget builds, but no one ever suggests a J&W Technologies board, which in my opinon are great value for money.
I bought the 790-GX Extreme and it is amazing, and only AU$135

There is a link http://www.jwele.com/motherboard_detail.php?147

Just wondering if anyone else has used these? I think they would be perfect for alot of budget builds.

Thanks.

OP
sweefu

sweefu

but the the 3way i found it to be pretty good value, with the chipests..
also onboard HD3300 is pretty decent for onboard.

Xtreme Barton

yeah but for a budget board i dont think 3way sli would come into play .. i guess i dont know what your money translates into American dollars but everything on that board with sli capability is cheap on the egg ..

OP
sweefu

sweefu

At the moment its about US$115
maybe its only good for australia haha we have a website similar to newegg called spotit but its not as good as newegg

Xtreme Barton

well thats not to bad .. its about 69 and up for comparable boards minus the third slot .. how are the oc'ing features ?

OP
sweefu

sweefu

overclocking is awesome, really good. so far have had my 550be sitting on 3.9ghz stock cooling but waiting for new cooler to arrive to see how it really goes. has a utility in bios called just W00T! and it has all the voltage controls, ram speed, north bridge etc, multipliers (in hex) ..
very easy to get to cmos clear jumper in case of those bad over clocks haha

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
I have heard of them, but I don't know much. They do seem to have model numbers that are a little too similar to Gigabyte. It seems that someone had said something about them being somehow related to Gigabyte.

Old Thrashbarg

If they were any good, wouldn't we have heard of them before?

They're not a really widely known brand, but they've been on the Asian and European markets for awhile. They're also one of the OEMs for... either Sapphire or Powercolor, I forget which.

Going by the various reviews I've read over the last couple years, I'd say they're on a middle-tier quality level, sorta along the lines of Biostar and MSI.