• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

James Bond Nightfire Demo is out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
eww fileplanet, the only reason ill ever dl something from them is if i ABSOLUTELY cant find it elsewhere.. nothin like waiting in line for 3 hors do download 10 miniutes worth of junk ill forget i ever had a week later

im about half done dling it ill tell ya in a 20 miniuts if its good or not :D

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
sorry taht took a bit longer than i thought it would, lost my attention with it

the game

graffics: fairly decent, nothing spectacular, id compare em to NOLF looking better than the first, didnt play the second so i dont know if thier as good NOLF2.

gameplay: your standard run n gun shooter one man army sorta thing.. its bond though i dont know if that can be a drawback for such a title. controls are standard walk strafe shoot, lots of cool gadgets zippo/camera car keys/tazer the usual bond toys watch etc... i eventually fell in a stream and couldt get out of the water, it was very annoying so i quit haha

AI: shoddy at best, i dropped 2 enemys right in front of one guy walking across a bridge and he didnt even flinch, i then shot him to for being an idiot

Storyline: it kinda plays like a movie with ingame cut scenes that unfold like you are watching the silver screen, the movie in question however is one which is B rated and has tarrible acting but hot models(rather suggestive hot models at that).. cant complain there but its nothing to get excited over.

Would i buy the game? mabey if i found 50 bucks laying on the sidewalk or they sell it for 20 at wally world. Nothing i would wait in a 12 hour line to be the first to buy, thats for sure. I think the n64 bond was better truthfully

rb26dett

Disabled
This game kinda .... well sucks... :rolleyes:
The gameplay is horrible .. the graphicas are below avg, basically another midiocre shooting game.

baqai

what more can you expect?? after all "my name is BOND .. JAMES BOND" :D

btw fileplanet registeration is pretty cheap IMO and its worth getting :)

Bigsexy

ARGH! Having probs /w the graphics in Bond.... James Bond !!!

Cannot really describe it - but I can see through walls and the floor.... - I see some of the doors and I see the guys - but no walls - it sucks! Any help?

Using DX9 beta3 and Det 41.03 - and having no probs /w any other game (at least not that kind of problems)!

james.miller

what ever happend to james bond?. goldeneye was so damn good on the n64, but after its sequal was released on the psx, or whatever it was, its now, well, crap!

we (well i) need a proper, up-to-date conversion of the original goldeneye. that would rock!

Da rock

Registered
all i can say is if the final ver isn't any better than the demo,then
ea has a big loser on their hands!

baqai

my name is bond ... i can go alone and beat the crap out of combine forces of iraq and iran .. and return back with loads of arabic chicks with me :rolleyes:

TheFrag

that is pretty low quality and is laggy as hell for me on my gefore mx400 PCI on all lowest settings. I loved goldeneye, but perfect dark was better, IMO. I really only like playing multiplayer FPS's

james.miller

TheFrag said:
that is pretty low quality and is laggy as hell for me on my gefore mx400 PCI on all lowest settings. I loved goldeneye, but perfect dark was better, IMO. I really only like playing multiplayer FPS's

i totally agree. PD was probably the best multiplayer fps ive ever played.

but, we are talking about james bond. pe's only conection was that they were both made by rare, and thats it. It was billed as the sequal to goldeneye but they have nothing in common.

still, i dont know why we havnt seen those two on the pc yet, they would be real jems.

Last edited:

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
james.miller said:
still, i dont know why we havnt seen those two on the pc yet, they would be real jems.

Well, the reason we hadn't seen them on PC was because Rareware was owned by Nintendo. That has changed now, however, w/ the purchase of all of the shares Nintendo owned of Rareware by Mircosoft. We might just see PC ports, but IDK.

baqai

i am halfway through the download and with all these negative comments i feel like cancelling it .. is it worth waiting another four or five hours (i am on dialup) and check out the demo?

specific

i wish perfect dark would be ported.

EA wipes A$$ with the bond legacy. they have done a terrible job.

rareware made some of the best games for n64. i hope MS doesn't screw it all up.

<--------------Joanna Dark!