• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

James’s Epic Build (Log)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never really OCed before but for the built in profiles that MSI and Asus have in there bios. Being I wanted to test the waters, i used Intel Extreme Tuning Utility so I can see the effect without all the restarting.

Best I could do with a Coolermaster 212 evo cooling the chip. Pretty happy with 4.85k at 1.24v. Delidder is on order and will go ham once its actually cooled by water.

https://valid.x86.fr/ilxn4z

OMG, this is my kind of build! I especially love the Spectre case and your willingness to take on such a challenge. Your youtube came out nicely enough, keep it up. Props on the sleeving, I hope you went with one of the greens if that's going to be your fluid color...

Videos Summary

Inwin Polaris RGB Aluminium Fans
Primochill Vue Sterling Silver and NV Green - Fluid Decisions -
Bitspower Fittings - Silly -
Intel 7820x Delidding -
Cutting 16mm Glass Tube

Last edited:
OMG, this is my kind of build! I especially love the Spectre case and your willingness to take on such a challenge. Your youtube came out nicely enough, keep it up. Props on the sleeving, I hope you went with one of the greens if that's going to be your fluid color...

Yea, green will be in the cables somewhere. Still deciding on the fluids.

Nice results. I'm impressed by that speed/core count. :thup:

Quick video on the fans on my rads

Also, I have added some sleeving to the cables that connect my fans. Being they aren't standard connectors that I can replace, i went with SATA size and just went over the connectors. It makes for some thicker looking cables, but I still think it looks good. I also could have cut these up and shorten them, but its 5 small wires, not sure its worth it. What are your thoughts, should I trim them all down?

IMG_9839.jpg
IMG_9840.jpg IMG_9841.jpg IMG_9842.jpg IMG_9844.jpg IMG_9845.jpg IMG_9846.jpg IMG_9849.jpg IMG_9850.jpg IMG_9851.jpg IMG_9852.jpg

Ha, thanks. No real updates. I have been working on my lighting set up.

Current lighting plan is the fans down from the top and from the right. The ram and ekwb block on the cpu are RGB and will light up the top side of the motherboard.

I ordered the gpu blocks before ek offered the RGB, so I wanted to add to the lighting around the gpus. See below for the couple of strips i will run behind the gpus.

I also want to run a strip along the back plate to light that up, but will need to wait for the case to figure out how to run the cables or where I might hid it.

Also, not loving the alphacool logo on the rads. So, current solution is some brushed alum stickers.

IMG_9896.jpg IMG_9897.jpg

Last edited:
No case still, but its given me time to work on my sli bridge. As singularity asked me if I wanted my logo cut into the back manifold, i thought I would draw one up and work it into the build. So, i am designing the sli bridge around that. Here are some photos of that. Also, the ekwb i have for the gpus were before they offered the rgb ones. As such, i am making an rgb strip that will like each of those blocks as well as the sli bridge. IMG_9967.jpg IMG_9969.jpg IMG_9970.jpg IMG_9971.jpg IMG_9972.jpg IMG_9976.jpg

Builds not dead. Lots of posts from singularity on spectre cases in process. Heres to something soon. While waiting, picked up this gem for the overkill build.

IMG_0066.jpg

Sadly, this build has been cancelled. I received the case, see photo, but in the time between ordering and receiving, I have decided to go a different route. I will be completing a build log on that once, the entire build is done so I don't come off as a tease like this one. Sorry to disappoint. The Spectre is for sale, so please message me if interested.

Thanks,
James IMG_0913.jpg

Back