• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Japanese TH7II OC performance chart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

interesting, i wonder if i will be able to get my system over 2689, seing how i have ALL the same hardware they used. o well, all i can do is try, and if i cant get the 2.0a up, then i will drop the 1.6a in and let her rip at 2800+.:Do ya, what is that vio they are talking about, they have theirs at 3.5 and mine fluxuates between 3.26 and 3.30?

OP
gone_fishin

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
My VIO is at 3.38. I've heard of modding a chip for other boards to increase the vio voltage. It may be power supply rated also. I'll be willing to bet that Mr Natural knows.

jdmcnudgent

do you think i will be able to get up to atleast 140ish fsb with it being that low? i am about to do the vrambus mod, and i have to take the whole system apart, and i myaswell do it all at once. what is that for anyway(vio)?

OP
gone_fishin

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
jdmcnudgent, notice that they went up to 1.95 vcore. since you have the vapo, have you gone up that high yet?

laja

Off-topic warning!

jdmcnudgent, forgive me but I must tell you that the pic under your login name is awful. I shudder whenever I look at it. Such a sharp contrast to your sensible posts. (Just a humble opinion I had to express.)

arman68

I am beginning to regret having bought my 2.0a: it looks like it's the worst performer of all Northwoods!

I am very impressed by the overclockability of the 1.6a according to this report and other people posts. It seems you can really increase the FSB dramatically with very little vcore increase, and thus less cooling required.

The only thing I have to say for my defense is the 1.6a and 1.8a were not available yet when I bought my 2.0a. I am about to build a PC for a friend, and one sure thing is I am going to get him the 1.6a.

Another thing: I suppose with little vcore increase needed for the 1.6a, there is not much of a cold boot problem with reaseonable overclocks (2.2GHz - 2.4GHz).

FYI I am currently running my 2.0a stable at 2.5GHz with a 125MHZ FSB and RDRAM set at 4x. I will set it higher once I improve cooling on my RAM (under P95 the RAM reaches 52 celsius whereas the CPU only goes to 48 celsius).

.aR

jdmcnudgent

laja said:
Off-topic warning!

jdmcnudgent, forgive me but I must tell you that the pic under your login name is awful. I shudder whenever I look at it. Such a sharp contrast to your sensible posts. (Just a humble opinion I had to express.)
thie pic in my avatar is jack black aka jd mcnudgent from saving silverman.:D hence, my friends call me jdmcnudgent, and that is why i have the avatar.

jdmcnudgent

arman68 said:
I am beginning to regret having bought my 2.0a: it looks like it's the worst performer of all Northwoods!

I am very impressed by the overclockability of the 1.6a according to this report and other people posts. It seems you can really increase the FSB dramatically with very little vcore increase, and thus less cooling required.

The only thing I have to say for my defense is the 1.6a and 1.8a were not available yet when I bought my 2.0a. I am about to build a PC for a friend, and one sure thing is I am going to get him the 1.6a.

Another thing: I suppose with little vcore increase needed for the 1.6a, there is not much of a cold boot problem with reaseonable overclocks (2.2GHz - 2.4GHz).

FYI I am currently running my 2.0a stable at 2.5GHz with a 125MHZ FSB and RDRAM set at 4x. I will set it higher once I improve cooling on my RAM (under P95 the RAM reaches 52 celsius whereas the CPU only goes to 48 celsius).

.aR
well, i had to have one (2.0a) and got it for $390. shipped when they first came out. i also have a 1.6a and i think if i cannot get it as high as i want it, i will put the 1.6a in my current system, and i am putting another system together that will have the 2.0a in it with aircooling, and i know i will atleast be able to run it at 2500.:D

arman68

I will be posting some details of my OC efforts with the P4 2.0a and air cooling in a few days time.

In the meantime here are the settings which I have found to be stable with Prime95, Sandra, PCMark, 3DMark:

FSB 120MHz -> CPU @ 2400MHz
vcore 1.625v
RDRAM 400MHz -> PC960
max CPU 45°C
max RAM 48°C
max SYS 35°C

FSB 125MHz -> CPU @ 2500MHz
vcore 1.725v
RDRAM 400MHz -> PC1000
max CPU 48°C
max RAM 50°C
max SYS 37°C

The one below appears to be stable, but I have not done enough testing on it yet; (a bit scared of high temperatures):

FSB 130MHz -> CPU @ 2600MHz
vcore 1.85v
RDRAM 300MHz -> PC780
max CPU >52°C

I am not convinced the last one would give me better performance than the 2.5GHz since the RAM is PC780 instead of PC1000. PC1000 is the absolute limit I can push my RAM at. I tested increasing the FSB by 1MHz with all vcore increments up to 1.8v I kept getting RAM problems.

.aR