• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JB Weld.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Borisw37

I have heard of JB Weld, saw it in stores but never tried it. Is it a good alternative to soldering. I need to solder copper tube extensions to a brass/copper heatercore. Any precuations or tips for using it?

Ogerx

jb weld is all that's holding this pos waterblock together:
done.JPG

seems like good stuff so far..(I need to cut down on the pics posting I know.. i'm trying. really.)

Muku

JBweld is great stuff. VERY strong. Just make sure you let it cure for 12 hours before use

wildfrogman

I have worked with JBweld and yes, it is very strong but its VERY helpful to rough up the surfaces to give it somthing to "grab". Also make sure the contact areas are very clean. I have used a small halogen lamp and boy does that cook it good...hardens much faster and seems a bit harder than even normal.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
I would prefer soldering nine times out of ten, Only use jb weld when you cant solder(copper and plastic, aluminum etc.)

Jon

Suma

wildfrogman said:
I have worked with JBweld and yes, it is very strong but its VERY helpful to rough up the surfaces to give it somthing to "grab". Also make sure the contact areas are very clean. I have used a small halogen lamp and boy does that cook it good...hardens much faster and seems a bit harder than even normal.

Good to know.
I wonder if it works well with epoxy.

Suma.