• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jedi Knights II, awesome graphics!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonmar

I was really surprised with the graphics. I set the resolution at 1024 * 768 and expected the game to be "jerky" at times, but man is it smooth! The game play so far is good, not great yet. I guess I'm used to weapons that fires hundreds of rounds per minute and ammos are easy to find. With starwars weapons, it is slow unless you use alternate fire, then more rounds are being fired, but you go through the ammos very quicky. Overall, the game has great graphic and smooth. Those Ravens people sure knows there game design. Now I can't wait for Soldiers of Fortunes II by them...

bdf24

Even with his system I still think 1024 x 768 is a fine resolution to play games at. Atleast with my 17" monitor. I guess with a 19" I could see the need for a higher res. It's personal preference I guess.

Ottoman

on my 17" I see huge difference... between 1024 and 1600x1200

in max payne and stuff, everything is just so much smoother, it doesn't look like a PSX or N64 grafx where things don't have straight lines but jagged edges..

bdf24

Ottoman said:
on my 17" I see huge difference... between 1024 and 1600x1200

in max payne and stuff, everything is just so much smoother, it doesn't look like a PSX or N64 grafx where things don't have straight lines but jagged edges..

I don't disagree with you that there is a difference. I guess I've just become so used to playing with that resolution I'm used to it. I really never even see the jaggies anymore. Although I must admit since I got rid of my V5 5500 last year I've not done nearly as much gaming. When I had my V5, I'd run at 1024 x 768 with 2x fsaa enabled. Then there was no jaggies at all. So the need for higher resolution was not needed.
With the setup I've got now I take a performance hit on most newer games if I run higher then 1024 x 768. I should be getting a new 19" monitor in the next month or so. As well as a new Athlon XP. And hopefully a new vid card as well. Then maybe my opinion will change.

FreezDriedHell

Registered
my question is why are you using weapons don't ya got your saber yet. thats all i use unless the situation calls for something different.:p

Ottoman

I play multi only...

it drives me mental when the panzy's run aroudn shooting energy bombs and rockets and then think their tough cuz they get first..

I REFUSE to use weapons...

saber only... I usually end up 3rd or 4th cuz the wussies use weapons...

use challenge them to a dual and they have the gall to rocket your ***... SOOOO ANNOYING..

or your having a 3-4 man all out saber war, and the guy thinks it funny to lob a thermal detonator in the middle of the crowd and then claims it's skill that's made him first...

this aint quake or UT... u wanta play like that go somewhere else...

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
couldn't agree more...:) but we can hold to the fact that it jsut takes more skill to go with just the saber.:D

Blackearth

my friend has the almost exact same system and thats where he tops out if he wants absolute smoothness all the time (not just when there up to 5 models on screen). jedi knight 2 is a freakin' awesome game. do NOT play multiplayer before you have played at least most of the way through the game. for 2 reasons at least:
1) you will suck, all the other will have more (and better) practise and will always be better then those who play multi only-no matter how long. single player allows easier adjustment into the game...
2) single player actually has a very good story too it, and there are some classic stand-offs that'll leave you smiling and say "damn i love this game". playing multi will ruin the experience of gaining the lightsaber and the force powers. you'll already know what to expect and one of the drives of the game is the lust (lust? does that lead to the dark side?) for more item/force powers/the all power lightsaber which you dont have in the begining.

i made the mistake of playing multi first, dont do the same!!

the multiplayer is awesome and intense, as well as the single player is. The game does have some great graphics, very smooth animation and great looking models. ai seems to alternate between being very slow dumb to very fast and intelligent. a bit of advice, unless you have a radeon 8500/g3,4 class video card, dont turn on the volumetric shadowing it will look like crap and will slow the game down a great bit.

oh yes, also, get the collectors tin- it comes with a pimpin' key chain!