• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

I highly suggest you guys give it a try... From the same people that did the Delta Force series. Huge maps with up to 150 people... different vehicles and weapon kits/classes. There are some minor issues but overall I like it. It's not a very easy game like BF...

Also, gogamer.com has it on sale atm for $27.90 .

So if you are looking for a good mp game to check out give it a try.

MP demo link to fileplanet...

Let me know what u think.

ninthebin

I have this on pre-order, it should be here by the weekend.

wihlst I think it is certainly better than BFV, the mp demo provided 100 player games and it would result in a laggy mess of players just carpetting everything...I found 50~ players much more a tactical experience to play - 150 will just be sheer madness, I dont think the maps are big enough at all

the gameplay is fun though - no silly parachuting, so choppers have to actually land under hails of fire to let out troops etc...also one of my coolest gaming moments happened on this whilst i was sat in a jeep which was in the back of a chinook being transported between islands, basically the chinook was shot down over the sea leaving me now sat in a jeep which is encased in a burning wrecked plumetting downwards. As my breath run out I scrambled out the jeep only to find I was still inside the wrecked chinook and the murky water made it too hard for me to see, finding the way out eventually and getting to the surface after losing a fair bit of health only to see a helicopter picking up other survivors of the attack...was a cool moment :), and lots of cool things happen - but if your on a 100 player game they tend not to :(

Mustanley

I can't even get the demo running. I see no textures, only the crosshairs on a black background after connecting to a server (radeon 9800, latest drivers).

OP
Banyan

Banyan

ordered this game today, hopefully it will be here by saturday. i like it much more than the played out cartoon that is BF and mods like DC. hopefully they will address lag with a quick patch... although i only really lag when the game initially starts.

i had some problems also with the game ctd when turning on aa, but after i reinstalled the drivers everything is fine. are you using omega drivers or official? :rolleyes:

MrLarkins

ninthebin said:
I have this on pre-order, it should be here by the weekend.

wihlst I think it is certainly better than BFV, the mp demo provided 100 player games and it would result in a laggy mess of players just carpetting everything...I found 50~ players much more a tactical experience to play - 150 will just be sheer madness, I dont think the maps are big enough at all

the gameplay is fun though - no silly parachuting, so choppers have to actually land under hails of fire to let out troops etc...also one of my coolest gaming moments happened on this whilst i was sat in a jeep which was in the back of a chinook being transported between islands, basically the chinook was shot down over the sea leaving me now sat in a jeep which is encased in a burning wrecked plumetting downwards. As my breath run out I scrambled out the jeep only to find I was still inside the wrecked chinook and the murky water made it too hard for me to see, finding the way out eventually and getting to the surface after losing a fair bit of health only to see a helicopter picking up other survivors of the attack...was a cool moment :), and lots of cool things happen - but if your on a 100 player game they tend not to :(

do you still stand by your words? I've played JOTR since November 29, 2004. It's an awesome game! My games are never laggy with 150 and its not sheer madness...just run with a squad.

my stats: https://www.novaworld.com/Players/JoStats.aspx?id=21753206141&p=646067

my squad: http://www.oskgaming.com