• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[JOURNAL] birth of little boy blue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks appreciarted

i got it all instaleld but i tihnk i need a better 120mm fan on my rad - i reall cant feel any air coming through the rad and @ 3.5ghz on stock speed and running prime for 3 hours my temps are 52C

Now, that does beat my SLK-948 + 90mm 6000RPM fan that could only hold the cpu @ 66C under full load middle of the day!

so maybe my abit just over reads the temps

On idle i had it @ 39C at around 11pm tonight - been warm around here - around 25C to like 30C - under load late last night it was stable around 48-49C which is what most reviews show this block doing on a prescott.

so going to order a new 120mm fan with some more through put and hope that is all it is as the block is seated nice and firm

Will try to get picks up - i got them all taken, just work has been busy.

woo hoo - moved my case and cleaned up my desk and now my load tepms are @ 48C @ 3.5 with dual prime95 running on maximum heat torture testing :D

pics coming eventually!

for sure - is @ 50C now, was @ 48C for a while there, running dual F@H now. will try to get some pics linked :D

56C!!! - it is a hot day but tis is on stock speed 3.2pressy and stock voltages!

man i hope it is just the fan i am using!

Are you trying to blow the air through the rad? It can work better it you have the air being sucked through. It seems easier(more air gets through) for fans to do it that way for some reason.

yeah got it blowing - my case temps are 38C with the sid panel off, i know it is a warm one today - it is still better then the 66C my air had it @ :D

P.S pics coming ina few mins :D

okay everyone - i got my pics upload - now i am going to be lazy and not comment on every one - i will post them in order i took them and you can try to decide the story to go along with it.

If not, the n basically i got all my parts - took apart my beast - cleaned it - admired my parts - started to assemle - had tested the CPU block for a day, and the pump, tested out the rad for a while once i found out my CPU block would not fit in my ABit AI7 :D

and u can go from there

IMG_7357.JPG

IMG_7358.JPG

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7363.JPG

Decided the BTX standard looked nicer and less stuff for yh water to drip on if it fails (thanks for the comments in my btx thread)

IMG_7413.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

Back