• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[JOURNAL] birth of little boy blue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMG_7461.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7467.JPG

Okay!! finally got those pics up :D

okay, now just a summery - my system currently consists of

Specs:
  • P4 pressy 3.2 currenrlt @ 3.6 stock voltage 225FSB
  • Abit Ai7 - no mods
  • OCZ PC4000 Gold Rev 2 1g kit (512 x 2) 2.6-3-3-7
  • VisionTek x800 XT - stock right now
  • WD Raptor 74g
  • 160g WD 8mb
  • 120g WD 8mb
  • 80g Samsung 2mb
  • CM Stacker case
  • Enheim 1250 Pump
  • PolarFlo TT WB
  • dangerden fill port
  • PrimoFlex blue UV tubing
  • D-Tek 120 PRO heatercore + shroud + 120mm cooleraster fan (to slow need to get better fan)
  • Dual (2x) Forton 400w PSU's
  • ForzenCPU sound dampening foam on most of case
  • NEC 48x cd burner
  • 2 x 120mm blue led coolermaster fans (1 will be taken out)

In the mail:

3 x 12' blue cathod lights
1 x 4' UV cathode light

:D

Nice :drool:

I noticed that you have converted your case to BTX, is it worth doing because i have the same case and since getting it my temps seem to have went up a few c's, would converting it drops CPU temps much? :shrug:

:beer:

well the idea of BTX is to have better air flow - since the CPU is lower in the case it is open to cooler temps compred to the top of the case since heat rises.

i have not noticed a major change since i went from Air+ATX to water+BTX so i dont really have a comparision unless i put my SLK-948 and air back in, but i dont what to go through all that work :D

also i it just looks lot nicer.

If anything your temps would remain the same or go down. but they certainly should not go up.

:D

so when u going water cooling :D

Maybe i might convert it to BTX when im bored one day :p

Water cooling has always been a dream of mine :D i was gonna maybe get a kit for x-mas this year, but IMO, i dont think i have enough experience with computers yet :p

oh yeh, what about Graphics card temps? BTX would mean higher temps. and also the cables on the mobo (IDE connections etc.) would be on the opposite side, which would make things untidy :(

jw but where can u buy the connectors (thats what they are right?) that allow power supplies to run without a mobo, i know ur just shorting connections but is there a connector that you can just plug in for this?

^^ The stacker comes with the adapter :D

thanks enduro - i hope it looks decent once i get the lights in it. :D

i know what i have done is not really anything that hasnt been done yet, but i still think it looks great. :D

crana c - the cables as u can see dont make any difference what aide they are on - mind are neat and they looked the same on the other side as well.

as for water cooling - it can be intimidating, but u ave plenty of info here and once u get the parts it is not as bad a sit looks - i think by x-mas u will know enough to get that WC kit :D and if u need help, that is what we are here for.

definetly need to slleve your PSU(s), thats the only thing left to do on this system. (well, unless you wanna go crazy and WC the GPU, NB, RAM, HD, etc)

hhe - well added some light, looks REAL nice now that i got my side cover on :d will get some pics up tomorrow.

as for cooling he rest, my ATI silencer fan is making more noise then before - so may consder water for it :D

as for temps - i had to take out my mobo and i left on the block - when i putn the mobo all back in, my max temps now have hit 44C = so seems maybe my WB wasnt seated well before :D

Hi Mr.Guvernment very, very nice! Can I ask you a couple questions about your PSU setup? For your PSU's:
Dual (2x) Forton 400w PSU's
Could you possibly post the model of your PSUs? Thanks to the suggestion of another member here, I've decided to go with dual PSUs as well and I was looking at the connector that came with the stacker and it seems to have only 20-pins on all connectors. My mobo (MSI k8n neo4 platinum) is a 24-pin model and, it seems, all new PSUs are 24-pin ones as well. Since you obviously got it all working I'm thinking I'm going to buy the same PSUs you did. Not to mention, damn that looks good! :D Did you run into any problems using the dual PSU setup with the Stacker? Lastly, how loud are those bad boys? Thanks and thanks for posting this journal!

Last edited:
thanks for the kind words :D

will check the model once i get home :)

and i had no problems at all - the only issue is if you unplug or use the power switch to turn off one PSU - the other one turns or stays on, dont know if this is a good or bad thing.

I think the route of DUAL psu's is an excellent one - simply youo provide better power to certain components and you know you are not likely to strain a single PSU - and if one blows - u "might" be able to use your other to power your system - of course pending on the wattage and rails of your PSU's.

i know if i wanted to i could go dual PCIe vid cards - and know i got more then enough power for it :D

Thanks Mr.Guvernment! I'd appreciate that as a good 20-pin PSU is hard to find and, again, those look awsome! I assume you used a 20 to 24 pin adapter for the mobo connector?

More power, heck yea! :D

^^^ :D yuppers - regualr 20 pin, didnt have to use any special adapters, just plugged it all in and off i went :D

Ah, I see. My mobo is a 24-pin one. I am really leery of using a pin converter if I don't have to and when it looked like you got the adaptor to go directly into the mobo I though there was some cool trick you got working :D. Maybe I'll go back to considering the Enermax 600w PSU. I really liked the idea of getting dual PSUs working. Can't believe Coolermaster hasn't come out with a 24-pin adaptor yet :(. Thanks!

Man, this is probably one of most nicest looking rigs I have seen in a LOOOONG time.

VERY...no... EXTREMELY well done. How do you like that TT block? Does anyone know how well those perform over a DD TDX?

Back