• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Junky Power Supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hey guys,

Not quite sure why but all of a sudden I've been losing signal to the monitor and I've also been experiencing lock - ups. I posted this over at the video card forum and they thought that it was something wrong with my power supply. The pic below shows very low (?) 3.3 line readings. I have 4 80mm and 1 120mm fan connected to the computer, I'm not sure if that has any effect on anything. Just recently, whether by coincidence or something else, I lost signal the the monitor RIGHT when I pressed the eject key on my CD-ROM drive. Here's a pic from MBM5.

(Rig Specs In Sig)

MBM5.jpg

Thanks for the help
-Ish-

Bull

Have you set up MBM 5 so it recognizes your board? With your 3.3 line being that low it just doesn't seem right to me. Also your -12 and -5 lines aren't registering properly.

stool

Take a peek at Hoot's sticky "How Good is your PSU" on the front. Gives you a meams to calculate how well you PSU is performing.

y0ungsta

Registered
I think you should check in bios also to see if the readings from mbm is right. If it is i guess you should change your psu. Are you overclocking your system too? (that takes a lot of power)