• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a little bit longer...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ayoung

What do you mean it ends tonight?

I was out of it for awhile, and now im back (for about 5 months)

So is it gone for good?

I think i remember reading something about phase 2 or something?

Not sure.

Anything going to come from Seti being over?

skab

Yea, phase 2 is called boinc or something. See the little smile by the bottom of TC's post? All I can say is I didn't get the E-mail saying it was over. My original goal was top 500, then top 250, now I'm kinda thinkin maybe top 150 before the end yet! Never say die ya know.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Judging by how BOINC beta is going I'd say classic Seti has at least a month or two left, possibly much more.

Steven4563

TC said:
Judging by how BOINC beta is going I'd say classic Seti has at least a month or two left, possibly much more.

thats cool :D im in the top 500 now :) im aiming to finish 1000WU's for OC'ers seti team. 260 to go !!! :D

OP
Xtc4u

Xtc4u

You know If it weren't for the fact that the end of Phase1 is as mysterious as ET itself I'd take the time to pin mod my MPrig but I don't want to lose any WUs. I will say this though once BOINC hits I hope to be in the top 50 of the team.

Steven4563

i dont think ill be running bonic i dont like the idea off the new scoring system ive read about

id rather keep the old one

wouldnt it be a good idea to have a poll on what seti scoring system u would rather have ??

Tyrinon

I don't think it matters what scoring system is used. I'll crunch no matter what. It's the searching for life in the universe that intrigues/inspires me. Of course, I can only speak for myself. :)

I'm sure the seti project in general will lose a lot of crunchers due to the new scoring system. Not much to be done about this I'm afraid... :(

As for the vote, I like the scoring system as it is now. One wu, one point. Very competative. Easy to figure out. The less time it takes us to pop out a wu, the more wu's we get and the faster we climb the ladder to the top.

I'm not that crazy about getting a score on a wu and not knowing what it would be for a week or two while I wait for others to crunch that unit. After awhile of cruching this way people would have big fat bloated scores. Hmm... maybe it's not a bad idea after all. :D

Only time will tell I suppose. :rolleyes:

I guess this would be a tad bit more than my $0.02 worth. lol

-Tyrinon