• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a little luck 9800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
Here is the end result of my $199.00 9800pro from newegg.com

9800pro-xt.JPG

Sapphire 9800pro 128mb
R360
102-A18812-10-AT
Hynix ram - HY50U283222A

Cooling - VGA Silencer rev3 (Lapped)
no ramsinks yet.... they're on order

flashed to 9800xt 128mb bios
can go up to 400 on the memory but with slight artifacts. Should be fine once I get the ramsinks.
picture was taken with outside temp of 76°
these are just benchmarks with no artifacts...

This is not the fastest I've seen by a long shot, but I'm thrilled with it! :santa: :bday: :beer:

Let's here about some other success stories......

Last edited:
OP
HousERaT

HousERaT

geezz... I've only had it two days and you want to take it from me already...... :p

Albis521

my r360 128mb 9800pro is flashed with the 128mb 9800xt with stock cooling. stable at 9800xt speeds.

once i find that damn needle nose pliers to get my heatsink off, i'll have better cooling

=ACID RAIN=

dreIU said:
Something wierd... I get just under 7K and my clocks are way below yours. Stock cooling for now, waiting on vga silencer rev 4.

Your sig:
Mobile 2600+ IQYHA 0351 (250*10)

That's why. I have less cache and my bus is 222, not 250.

Edit: I can't speak for houserat though, he has a mobile like you, and thus no excuses :p

dreIU

=ACID RAIN= said:
Your sig:
Mobile 2600+ IQYHA 0351 (250*10)

That's why. I have less cache and my bus is 222, not 250.

Edit: I can't speak for houserat though, he has a mobile like you, and thus no excuses :p

Well if you compare our scores, you can see that our clock speeds arent that much different (yours being a little higher), so our scores are close enough. 3D mark03 scores are not affected by CPU speed. My original comment was directed to Houserat, sorry for not quoting.

OP
HousERaT

HousERaT

wannaoc said:
Get a vmod on at least the core and crank that thing! Very nice so far though.

I might do the pencil mod if I'm not satisfied with Doom III. ;)

Gonna do some benchmarking with the new Omega 4.7. I'll let you folks know how it goes when I'm done.....

OP
HousERaT

HousERaT

the omega 4.7s suck.... there is some kind of glitch that makes the troll stage of 3dmark2003 look real blocky..... I haven't confirmed that it happens on anything other than 9800pros flashed to xts.... so far at least 3 people with pros flashed to xt have said this about the 4.7 omegas. My 4.6 omegas work just fine

OP
HousERaT

HousERaT

OINK OINK..... :p

I still want to know if this is a widespread problem or not.....