• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smash

Registered
I have a simple question? Will a cpu cooler designed for a socket a duron/alathon fit on a socket 7 mobo.
I have a socket 7 mobo with simple cpu cooler.
Would like to use better cpu cooler.
Thinking about O.C.ing k-6 III 400 dont want to have to worry about heat.

Yes, Yes, Yes, get a better cooler. Check out www.inflowdirect.com for buying different types and other cooling goodies, and look at www.coolermaster.com to look at thier applications. You will see that they group all the sockets together, Socket 7, Super 7, 370, and Socket A.

smash, you could also try a tennmaxx MEGA 7 cooler, i use it on my k6-2 500. I've only overclocked to 550 cuz my board is limited to this. My normal temp with this cooler is 70f idle to 85f max when gaming. Here is a link, good luck.....http://www.tennmax.com/cooler.htm

smash (Dec 20, 2000 01:53 a.m.):
I have a simple question? Will a cpu cooler designed for a socket a duron/alathon fit on a socket 7 mobo.
I have a socket 7 mobo with simple cpu cooler.
Would like to use better cpu cooler.
Thinking about O.C.ing k-6 III 400 dont want to have to worry about heat.
Yep. . . . . www.2cooltek.com sells a very large Vantec SocketA heatsink for only $15. This thing is really huge, check it out. My K-6 III 400 is at 500 an that took water cooling. It has been my expirience that K-6 III are tempermental CPUs that require lots of work to OC. Mine is cooking away at 3.0V right now >(

Back